The mission of United Way of the Midlands is simple: We unite people and resources to improve the quality of life in the Midlands. Through the generosity of local donors, UWM raises over $7.5 million annually to drive community impact in the areas of education, financial stability, and health. This position is responsible for planning, organizing and staffing activities for campaigns to generate annual revenues with an estimated current value of $800,000+. Activities include building relationships with community leaders, organizing and implementing workplace campaigns, making presentations to employees, assisting with special events, responding to requests from company representatives and donors, and representing UWM as needed. It is a hands-on in-the-community position. In short, we are seeking a quick learner and motivated person who will translate community needs into opportunities to make a difference through financial support of UWM.
Essential DUTIES & Responsibilities
Performs staff support functions related to the campaign including:
- Develops and manages relationships with current and potential donors including company leaders, agency representatives, employees and volunteers to increase giving and engagement with United Way.
- Builds strategic year-round relationships that align with the mission, vision, and values of UWM.
- Cultivates and solicits leadership donors within assigned divisions.
Staffing, Directing & Developing Volunteers
- Supports recruitment and training of Campaign Committee volunteers.
- Organize materials and supports committee volunteers in contacting targeted companies.
- Accompanies volunteers to meetings with corporate partners to secure commitments for corporate giving, leadership giving and employee workplace campaigns.
- Reviews past giving and performance history for assigned companies and develops appropriate strategy for engagement.
- Provides training to coordinators of targeted companies and provides support throughout the year.
- Represents UWM at each company, leading presentations and attending events as requested.
- Set goals and maintains accurate records to track progress, while also utilizing CRM database.
- Ensures timely collections and submission of company pledges and works with Finance to audit and report results.
- Participates and helps manage campaign and United Way events as directed.
- Represents United Way with appropriate community groups.
- Supports fundraising, donor engagement, and administrative duties as assigned.
- Volunteers and actively participates in projects, special events, cross-functional teams or workgroups that support the work of the entire organization.
Qualifications: Experience, knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Prior Non-Profit fundraising or consultative sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and to be a self-starter.
- Strong communications and public speaking skills.
- Ability to drive and have a valid SC driver’s license.
- Strong computer skills and capacity to become proficient in relevant donor database software.
- Experience working with volunteer groups or providing staff support to boards or committees.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand financial data and reports.