Deadline to Submit: March 26th 2018
UNITED WAY HUNGARY JOB POSTING
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children and youth in Hungary? Do you care about their education, financial stability and health? United Way Hungary is a member of the international network of United Way Worldwide, the world’s largest privately supported not-for-profit organization, established more than 125 years ago. Since its inception, 27 years ago, United Way Hungary has supported hundreds of civic organizations and mobilized thousands of volunteers and has helped a major role in the development of civil society. United Way Hungary’s mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good.
Job Title Resource Development Manager
Report To CEO of United Way Hungary
Work Schedule Full-time. Core hours of Monday-Friday, 9:00 to 5:30 p.m. Must be able to work flexible schedule, when needed.
Overall Purpose Lead resource development to raise the resources necessary to carry out our mission.
- Development and execution of comprehensive long-term strategic and annual business plans focused on revenue generation and donor engagement.
- Relationship-based fundraising is requested to create a path for our donors to grow in a deeper relationship with our mission and enrich the donor’s life in a meaningful way.
- Maintaining and enhancing current successful initiatives such as: corporate philanthropy (impact products on education, income and health; event and other sponsorship; matching of employee engagement; cause related marketing; pro-bono and in-kind gifts; giving campaigns); individual engagement (individual donors; 1% donors; workplace campaign donors) and grants.
- Creating new and innovative resource streams and initiatives such as: endowment funds; innovative digital giving campaigns; new fundraising events, new corporate and family grants; EU grants; planned giving; any other.
- Individual donor engagement including ‘Affinity Groups’ such as: ‘Pro-Futura Philanthropic Society’; ‘Women United’; ‘Young Leaders’.
- Corporate relationship management.
- Support United Way's commitment to excellent customer service by facilitating communication and relationship-building with community partners and key stakeholders (United Way staff and key volunteers, local organizations, businesses, individuals and the international UW network).
Organizational Leadership and Strategy
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team to provide a united, visible, and strong leadership presence across the organization to help instill new thinking, focus and prioritize efforts, and operationalize the organization’s Strategic Plan.
- Assists the CEO and Senior Management Team in promoting the long-term plans and goals of the organization to the community.
- Responsible for creating the resource development strategy aligned to the organizational strategy with defined operating plans for each year.
- Delivery in due dates the reports requested for owned area.
- Direct involvement in the budgeting process for owned area.
- Follow the quality, ethics and integrity norm of United Way.
- Leads and coordinates the goals, objectives and work to maximize the organization’s revenue streams.
- Directs the organization’s effort to secure support from individual contributors at all levels, including major gifts, leadership gifts, 1% donations and others.
- Target and engage high net worth individuals to support our mission.
- Directly manages the donor relationship with high net worth individuals to retain and increase their engagement.
- Direct the efforts to secure corporate support through corporate/foundation giving, sponsorship, matching of employee engagement, consumer engagement.
- Directly manages the relationship with corporations, key-account management.
- Provide leadership to the organization’s revenue stream innovation work such as: digital and on-line fundraising to scale up our activities, special fundraising events, endowment funds, new grants and any other initiatives.
- Ensure success of our present and future fundraising events such as: Annual Gala, Cruise for a Cause, Cross-sector Partnership Café; Affinity Group special events; health and sport fundraising events.
Engagement and Volunteer Leadership
- Leads comprehensive customer relationship management efforts for organizations and individuals. Manages the impact program activities as it relates to donors and potential donors.
- Directs the individual engagement efforts through leadership societies and affinity groups to ensure comprehensive, seamless relationship development.
- Provide leadership to a team of volunteers.
- Provide primary staff responsibility for Resource Development Committee, providing expertise to strategic volunteers in organizing and developing successful fundraising strategies.
Supervision The job holder will work closely and will report to the CEO of United Way Hungary. The job holder will receive professional support from the Resource Development Committee of UWH.
- Be passionate for our work.
- Mission focused, ability to motivate, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, foster and grow long-standing constituent and volunteer relationships.
- Relationship-Oriented, being able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships.
- Professional Hungarian and English language skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, especially in stressful and fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outward-Turning who works across private, public, and corporate sectors to improve conditions in Hungary. Values inclusion, different perspectives and cultures.
- Business Acumen who mobilizes resources, is a skilled fundraiser, focuses on quality and innovation, co-create and co-manage with diverse partners.
- Leverage the power of networks
- Collaborator and results-driven.
- Brand steward.
- We support your professional development in an international environment.
- Challenging tasks and targets.
- You can extend your existing network from all sectors.
- We change lives.
- We change systems for proper education, financial stability and health.
- You will be part of a great and positive team.
The job holder will be based in the United Way Hungary’s office, located in Budapest, 1134 Váci út 80-84.
- University/college degree, preferably in business administration, communications.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development, fundraising or sales.
- Experience in working in a multinational environment.
- Experience in working the NGO sector is an advantage.
- Volunteering experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment and Internet.
- Sales Force or any other CRM knowledge is an advantage.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list 2 references with contact details. The motivation letter (max 2000 characters) should include why you would like to work for United Way Hungary and what makes you the perfect candidate for this job. If you wish you can send your motivation in a short video (max 2 minutes).
Expected start of the job May 1st 2018
Long-listed candidates will be interviewed. Short-listed candidates will be required to take part in an assessment (half to full day).
More information about United Way Hungary: www.unitedway.hu
More information about United Way Worldwide: www.unitedway.org