When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
Position Title: Resource Development Manager
Department: Resource Development
Reports To:Director of Resource Development
FLSA Status – Exempt
Position Summary: To provide support to the Director of Resource Development in all areas related to implementing and supporting the fundraising initiatives and goals for United Way. To provide a leadership role in the management of resource development activities on assigned accounts in order to achieve individual, department and company goals. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives Revenue & Impact
- Manage and maintain a list of accounts to encourage business support and achieve United Way goals.
- Utilize the Donation Tracker database to record and track all business engagement.
- Be engaged and cultivate relationships with assigned Chamber of Commerce(s) and/or other community groups to identify qualified donor or campaign leads, to grow relationships to enhance and support achieving goals.
Strategic Relationship Building
- Engage donors year-round to nurture and enhance relationships.
- Connects donors’ and prospects’ areas of interest directly to United Way’s work and inspire commitment and support for United Way.
- Continuously build and expand the network of donors by being visible and engaged in the community.
- Work effectively with other departments to achieve United Way goals and communicate to various stakeholders.
Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Effectively present the United Way message to businesses, employees, and the community.
- Assist with developing new marketing materials to tell the United Way message.
- Collaborate with the Women United chapters in Flagler and Volusia to act as the United Way liaison.
Embracing & Managing Change
- Effectively work with the Director of Resource Development, UW Board members, and Campaign Cabinet to implement new and creative strategies for workplace campaigns to support United Way goals.
- Work with UW and Community Impact volunteers to encourage and support high level of engagement.
Entrepreneurial & Innovative
- Collaborate with other United Ways and the local community to meet organizational goals through special events and affinity groups.
- Practice effective stewardship by thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gifts, and keeping them apprised of progress on Community Impact work.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or two to five years’ workplace experience.
- Team player with the ability to work with UWVF senior management to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a detail for follow up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and needed with the ability to communicate the key stakeholders, peers, and staff.
- Ability to establish contacts with various corporations, businesses and donors.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills (minimum of Microsoft software programs).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
Direct Reports: 1) N/A
Salary Range: $35,000 – $38,000 annually – depending on experience