The Resource Development Manager is responsible for the creative development, design, implementation and evaluation of fundraising strategies. Builds relationships with companies and individuals in assigned accounts to support financial and relationship building goals for United Way of Southwest Louisiana. Shares the overall responsibility of developing and maintaining revenue streams required to advance the community impact work of the organization in the five-parish area. Provides quality effective account management and works to develop relationships that engage and enhance donor and volunteer connections. Involves regular one-on-one and group interaction to improve, support and raise influence that supports a continued increase in financial resources needed to support the work of United Way of Southwest Louisiana. The Resource Development Manager represents United Way both externally and internally. Works in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of United Way’s structure including policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Relationship Management
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development
- Community Leadership
- Campaign Goal Achievement
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relationship Management:
- Establish and build strong individual relationships within assigned accounts to cultivate strong year-round engagement with United Way of Southwest Louisiana through giving, volunteering, advocacy, and education.
- Serve as a primary staff contact for companies and individuals within established areas regarding the giving of donations, gifts, and pledges.
- Identifies and creates new partnerships with companies and individuals.
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards sponsorships from companies and gifts from employees.
- Maintain positive relationships and on-going communications with the community.
- Coordinate collaborative efforts between United Way, individuals, and corporations.
- Ensure United Way is represented in related activities.
- Executes year-round corporate partnership strategies to increase financial support for United Way of Southwest Louisiana.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development:
- Assist in the recruitment and training of cabinet members and provide staff support, education and recognition to maintain engaged relationships for these volunteers.
- Internal Communications:
- Provide accurate data and timely reports, weekly projections, sharing of best practices and team support as needed.
- Maintain thorough documentation of account activities and history in Donation Tracker, database, and campaign files.
- External Communications:
- Assist in the development and implementation of year-round strategies for recognition, communication of organizations and individuals.
- Represent United Way of Southwest Louisiana in the community and in companies via frequent public speaking, presentations, and networking activities.
- Community Leadership:
- Help expand community understanding of and engagement with United Way’s community goals.
- Represent United Way of Southwest Louisiana at select community events.
- Campaign Goal Achievement:
- Achieve the campaign goal established by the President/CEO and the United Way of Southwest Louisiana Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; or
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in resource development, fundraising, sales or related area.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in public speaking, training, and facilitation, writing and presentation skills, both one-on-one and publically.
- Skilled at training and motivating people.
- Track record or setting and meeting goals and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Creative in approaching problem-solving.
- High degree of professionalism that required the use of courtesy, tact, and discretion.
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively.
- Strong analytical and summation skills-financial, proposal review, research, evaluation, and planning with the ability to summarize data into common language and develop relevant and compelling reports.
- Demonstrated capability to take a leadership role with non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff while working with diverse segments of our community.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with ongoing distractions and/or interruptions.
- Proactive regarding planning.
- Strong in Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently as well as the ability to actively contribute as a team member.
- Knowledge of United Way of Southwest Louisiana’s policies and procedures.
- Must embody personal attributes of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
Additional Requirements for Hire:
- Proof and maintenance of a valid driver's license.
- Proof and maintenance of vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a Louisiana State Police background check.
- Must pass a drug test.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.