Position Title: Resource Development Director
Location: United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County – Carlisle, PA
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Date: November 10, 2017
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, strategic, results-oriented self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills. He or she should be an innovative, energetic, experienced fundraiser with a successful track record of cultivating, soliciting, and closing annual gifts while building and sustaining relationships with volunteers, donors, and corporate leaders.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Resource Development Director will manage and expand all aspects of United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County’s development program in order to effectively support its mission and strategic initiatives. Key components of the development program include: workplace giving, corporate sponsorship, major gifts, grants and special-event management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivates community support for the campaign by initiating and maintaining contacts with individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- Manages annual direct mail and online giving campaign. Secures corporate sponsorships for the annual campaign and special events. Orders and tracks all inventory related to campaign supplies/material.
- Organizes all annual special events including campaign kick-off and celebration, Humanitarian Award, UTURN community yard sale, and leadership events.
Evaluation & Measurement Responsibilities:
- Prepares and distributes timely, accurate campaign progress reports to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Campaign Committee, as applicable. Analyzes and reports regularly on campaign progress and prepares post-campaign evaluation and analysis reports, notably the CAN-DO session. Compiles all reports required by United Way Worldwide.
- Researches, tests, and implements new campaign techniques and materials to improve the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Identifies community economic or social conditions that may directly or indirectly affect campaign success.
Volunteer Development Responsibilities:
- Prepares, recruits, and trains campaign volunteers, employee campaign coordinators, agency representatives, and loaned executives for a significant role in the annual campaign.
Works Closely With:
- Executive Director, Campaign Co-Chairs, and Campaign Committee to develop and implement campaign strategy.
- Finance Director to ensure the maintenance of the donor database, oversight and tracking of individual gift documentation and gift acknowledgment.
- Community Impact Director to connect donor interests with United Way programs, agencies and volunteer opportunities
- Marketing Director and Executive Director in the development of campaign messaging and materials including press releases, video, brochures, and annual report. Prepares articles for the web, social media accounts, and e-newsletter.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3 – 5 years direct fundraising, sales or related experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
- Familiar with database software or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of United Way organization preferred.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle during work hours.
- Position requires some travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
- Must be a team player, able to motivate others, and work well with many types of people to achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Must comply fully with UWCCC Code of Ethics.
PHSYICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Special events may require several hours of standing and occasional heavy lifting and carrying.
- United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County provides an array of benefits including health insurance, paid time off, retirement, life and disability insurance.
In Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.