This position offers a professional fund development person the opportunity to have great impact on the communities of seven counties in our Coulee Region. Great Rivers United Way is seeking a confident and experienced resource development professional responsible for increasing financial support of United Way through proactive relationship management of new and existing corporate and individual accounts.
You must be passionate about the fundraising profession and community. Be a focused, goal-oriented, self-driven professional who sets and meets aggressive fundraising goals. Need to have a high level of personal and professional accountability and responsibility to the mission of the organization. That mission is: Unite people and resources to improve lives and strengthen our communities. Join us!
Key Primary Duties and required skills:
Responsible for growing the number of donors and total dollars pledged through new and existing corporate and individual contact. GRUW serves seven counties and this position is responsible for donor communications in all seven counties. This is a high-profile position in our communities. Some other key requirements:
- Successful experience with fund development, appeal letters/direct mail, grant research and writing (samples may be requested in the interview process)
- Public speaking expertise and high comfort level
- Innovative approach with creative ideas
- Leadership skills to lead a marketing strategy and team in developing important fundraising pieces/vehicles
Build and maintain Great Rivers United Way's positive visibility within its service area and deepen relationships with key stakeholders, community opinion leaders and benefactors.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (equivalent work experience will be considered). Minimum of two to three years of successful work experience required in fundraising, sales/marketing, or project management. Non-profit experience and a CFRE are preferable, but not required.
Preferred Skills/ Abilities:
- excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- knowledge of ethical best practices in fundraising
- high level team player
- experience working with businesses and community leaders
- decision making ability
- ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- ability to initiate new relationships
- ability to develop and implement strategies that grow relationships that result in charitable gifts
- strong organizational and time management skills
- proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office software and customer relationship management/donor database systems
- able to apply analytical thinking to fundraising results and metrics
**This position is salaried and full time with excellent benefits: paid vacation and sick time, healthcare benefits, retirement plan and more.
**Salary is driven by experience and expertise. If you are the right person, we are flexible!
A cover letter and resume is required for all applicants. Please send to:
GRUW- Human Resources
1855 East Main Street
Onalaska, WI 54650
Or email to:
For more information, visit our website at gruw.org
Great Rivers United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer