United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) serves eight counties in the Big Bend and is the philanthropic backbone for our eight county footprint. With the support of 58 agency partners and community impact initiatives, we lead the communities we serve by uniting individuals, nonprofits, businesses and government agencies with research-based work that ensures resources are invested properly, so that everyone has access to the promise of a quality life.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Each of our Resource Development Directors is critical to our organization raising the money that makes fulfilling our mission possible. They manage portfolios of revenue, are responsible for meeting goals, and work collaboratively across the organization. Our Resource Development Directors are excited by challenges and working in a fast-paced environment. They are innovative and creative strategists building lasting donor relationships throughout UWBB’s eight county footprint. They are detail oriented in the planning and execution of all fundraising activities. They serve as public representatives of the organization.
Who you are:
- You are excited by the challenge of a goal and enjoy working towards a ‘stretch goal.’
- You enjoy asking people to donate money: You are completely comfortable asking individuals and companies to give money regardless of the communication vehicle.
- You are an innovative, creative and strategic thinker who understands how to build both on success and from the ground up: Some of our revenue streams that you will work on will have a history and foundation while others will be completely new.
- You are a compelling public speaker and enjoy public speaking: You have a gift for speaking to groups large and small, and wish to develop the talent further.
- You excel at multi-tasking and self-management: You are adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and effectively manage your time to achieve goals.
- You have excellent customer service skills: While interacting with volunteers, donors and the public you have great listening skills, are patient, well-spoken and polite.
- You are flexible, fluid, and comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity: You will be able and willing to shift the focus of your work to address emerging needs.
- You have a passion for mission-based work and the Big Bend Region.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring campaign fundraising goals are achieved.
- Fostering relationships with our corporate partners’ CEOs to build internal programs that increase financial support for UWBB while simultaneously enhancing our corporate partners’ community footprint.
- Training corporate partners on strategies for executing successful workplace campaigns; collaborating with executives and key volunteers to plan and implement workplace and year round engagement strategies.
- Monitoring key fundraising trends/issues; communicating their implications and challenges to Vice President of Resource Development with suggested action.
- Ensure UWBB’s community impact’s ROI messaging is effectively communicated to current and prospective donors.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE OR KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years working in fundraising or sales with a record of success
- An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, communication and organizational skills.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to email@example.com: 1) Cover letter: all candidates are required to develop a cover letter which provides qualifications, experiences and past successes in fundraising or sales. The letter must also explain how your qualifications fully intersect with UWBB’s needs for this position. 2) Resume/CV 3) Compensation requirements. All three attachments must be received. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to anticipated volume of applications, only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. We ask that no phone calls be placed to United Way of the Big Bend.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free