Resource Development Director
United Way of Charlotte County is mobilizing the power of our community to break the cycle of poverty. Our workplace is fast-paced, friendly, and adaptive. We are seeking a dynamic resource development professional to join our team who can lead our annual campaign efforts and events.
The Resource Development Director will lead and oversee the planning, direction, and execution of all fundraising efforts and activities, and will serve as a public representative of the organization. It is a hands-on, in-the-community position.
People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
You are a good fit for this position if:
• You have a passion for mission-based work and the Charlotte County community;
• You are goal oriented --- a person that is excited to work towards a ‘stretch goal’;
• You are completely comfortable asking individuals and companies to invest their money, time or talents regardless of the communication vehicle;
• You are a compelling public speaker who enjoys public speaking – whether it is speaking to groups large or small. You look forward to developing this talent further;
• You are an innovative, creative and strategic thinker that understands how to build both on success and from the ground up. Some of our revenue streams that you will work on will have a history and foundation while others will be completely new;
• You have excellent copywriting and language skills to convey our mission into relevant and interesting content;
• You are a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other team members but can also be led by other team members, as appropriate; you enjoy working and being part of a team;
• You can independently manage multiple projects and remain focused on details, follow-up, and communication. You must be adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and your time most effectively to achieve goals;
• You have excellent customer service skills. While interacting with volunteers, donors and the public you have great listening skills, are patient, well-spoken and polite; and
• You are willing and able to work a flexible schedule, to attend UWCC events and networking events.
Job Responsibilities/Duties Include
• In collaboration with staff, develop and execute an annual Fundraising Plan and contribute to the success of the long term UWCC strategic plan.
• Research, identify, and develop relationships with non-giving accounts and achieve assigned percent of goal for new account development.
• Manage accurate record keeping and efficient strategy for use of customer relations management software.
• Managing and updating a relationship database (DonorPerfect) of current and potential donors. Track revenue generation, retention, visits and key business activity throughout the year; provide regular activity status; update projections to target and conduct the appropriate account analysis. Maintain database to accurately reflect current campaign information.
• Track, report revenue, expenses, and campaign progress to the director and board every month in a timely manner. Keeping them apprised of current and potential accounts.
• Generates revenue through appropriate asks: Identifies new ways to drive and generate revenue. Identifies strategies and opportunities to best engage donors, proactively identifies and qualifies individuals and groups to give to/support UWCC; asks for money and closes the deal.
• Collaborate with Communications Team in developing marketing messages and campaign materials for effectively communicating impact and call to action.
• Collaborate with Finance Manager to ensure invoices and collectibles are accounted for.
• Continuously build the network of donors by being visible and engaged in the community.
• Motivate, lead, and coordinate Women United Affinity Group and Ageless United.
• Acts as lead staff in coordination and execution of successful and meaningful events, including the recruitment of volunteers and committees for each event.
• Works directly with the Director of finance to create an annual budget and takes the initiative to understand the company’s operating expenses to raise the appropriate dollars to fund the budget.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Five years resource development experience preferred.
• Experience in developing and maintaining corporate and donor relationships.
• Proven ability to build, lead and inspire members of a team.
• At least two years working in fundraising or sales with a record of success
• An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced work environment
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
• Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license
• Demonstrated excellence in project management, communication and organizational skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 30lbs.
Full-time, exempt position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Email your resume to email@example.com or deliver to:
17831 Murdock Circle, Suite A, Port Charlotte, FL 33948. No phone inquiries.