United Way of Charlotte County is mobilizing the power of our community to break the cycle of poverty. Our workplace is fast-paced, friendly, and adaptive. We are seeking a dynamic resource development professional to join our team who can lead our annual campaign efforts and events.
The Resource Development Director will lead and oversee the planning, direction, and execution of all fundraising efforts and activities, and will serve as a public representative of the organization. It is a hands-on, in-the-community position.
People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF:
- You have a passion for mission-based work and the Charlotte County community;
- You are goal oriented --- a person that is excited to work towards a ‘stretch goal’;
- You are completely comfortable asking individuals and companies to invest their money, time or talents regardless of the communication vehicle;
- You are a compelling public speaker who enjoys public speaking – whether it is speaking to groups large or small. You look forward to developing this talent further;
- You are an innovative, creative and strategic thinker that understands how to build both on success and from the ground up. Some of our revenue streams that you will work on will have a history and foundation while others will be completely new;
- You have excellent copywriting and language skills to convey our mission into relevant and interesting content;
- You are a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other team members but can also be led by other team members, as appropriate;
- You can independently manage multiple projects and remain focused on details, follow-up, and communication. You must be adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and your time most effectively to achieve goals;
- You have excellent customer service skills. While interacting with volunteers, donors and the public you have great listening skills, are patient, well-spoken and polite; and
- You are willing and able to work a flexible schedule, to attend UWCC events and networking events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- In collaboration with staff, develop and execute an annual Fundraising Plan and contribute to the success of the long term UWCC strategic plan.
- Motivate, lead, and coordinate Women United Affinity Group.
- Provide coordination and oversee execution of successful and meaningful events, including the recruitment of volunteers and committees for each event.
- Manage accurate record keeping and efficient strategy for use of customer relations management software. Track and report revenue and expenses to the director and board.
- Collaborate with Communications Team in developing marketing messages and campaign materials for effectively communicating impact and call to action.
- Continuously build the network of donors by being visible and engaged in the community.
- Oversee the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations and other funding sources. Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate the prospects for grants.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Five years resource development experience preferred. Experience in developing and maintaining corporate and donor relationships.
- Five years experience in grant writing.
- Proven ability to build, lead and inspire members of a team.
- At least two years working in fundraising or sales with a record of success
- An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced work environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, communication and organizational skills
Desirable, But Not Required
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 30lbs.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.