When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
At United Way of Moore County is seated in the beautiful sandhills region of North Carolina in the town of Southern Pines. Our mission is to advance the common good by focusing on the building blocks for a good life in our communities: a quality education that leads to a stable job, sustained financial independence, and good health.
Serving a county of just over 100,000, through fundraising and engaging people in community issues we help to provide resources that result in positive change.
United Way of Moore County is an equal opportunity employer.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Create, document and implement a plan for donor engagement, cultivation and solicitation.
- Develop and implement a resource development and marketing plan to help meet revenue goals and community impact work.
- Track donor contacts and donations using donor management system.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
This full time position will also focus on communications within the organization and the design of marketing materials. Responsibilities include maintaining our website and social media, and maintaining consistent publication of our newsletter.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of and willingness to promote the mission and activities of United Way of Moore County.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn donor management database systems.
2 to 3 person staff
As assigned by the Executive Director.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.