Plymouth Community United Way is a small office located in Plymouth, MI.
We serve Plymouth, Canton and Western Wayne County in a fast growing community. We strive to support all in our community who are in need.
Plymouth Community United Way
TITLE: Resource Development Associate
Reports To: President
Objective: To manage and supervise fundraising programs to generate financial resources to meet the organization’s mission and goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop & manage fundraising plans and timetable, set goals and projections and develop strategies
- Organize fundraising structure as needed to respond to changes in the workplace, direct mail appeals and economic trends
- Cultivate donors including leadership givers, corporate supporters and other investors
- Develop major gift strategies that align with the organization’s long term goals
- Effectively present information, through public speaking and presentations
- Maintain donor records
- Maintain accurate reporting in all areas of fundraising and analyze results
- Coordinate and conduct workplace campaigns
- Coordinate campaign events with committee and special events staff
- Recruit and train campaign volunteers
- Maintain knowledge of local, political, social and economic factors that will impact agency fundraising
- Collaboration with staff to ensure fundraising data is accurate
- Cultivate community support by maintaining contacts with local businesses and individuals
- Assist in developing fundraising and marketing materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, nonprofit management, social work or related work required. Master’s degree a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising required
- Knowledge and experience in planned giving a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player and multi-tasker
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.