About United Way Fresno and Madera Counties
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties (UWFM) is on a mission to mobilize the collective power of community to advance lasting solutions and measurable change for the most urgent issues our neighbors face, particularly focusing on addressing the racial wealth gap for working families. We believe everyone deserves an opportunity to achieve the building blocks of a good life — a quality education, financial stability, and good health — and that expanding this opportunity is both a core objective and a key strategy to fulfilling our mission. We work with hundreds of individuals and organizations that share a vision for what is possible when we UNITE our efforts.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Resource Development, the Resource Development Assistant is a rewarding opportunity that provides administrative support and serves as a key part of the resource development team by preparing for and supporting the administration of workplace giving activities which raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for community organizations across Fresno and Madera Counties. Managing these high-stakes details is critical to the success of the resource development team, the thousands of workplace giving employees that partner with the United Way and the dozens of community-based organizations that lean on this fundraising work.
This position provides complex and confidential administrative support to the Resource and Development team on a variety of projects and tasks including but not limited to United Way’s workplace giving campaigns, providing administrative support including scheduling, meeting preparation, meeting and event logistics, processing workplace giving donations, data input, research and data analytics, quality assurance and other administrative duties to support United Way’s annual fundraising efforts.
Workplace giving combines a variety of resource development strategies that this position will assist with including employee (donor) volunteerism, event management, awareness initiatives and some major giving strategies. The Resource Development Assistant is responsible for supporting all United Way fundraising activities, assisting with logistics and ensuring project tasks are executed promptly and with accuracy as providing internal support while providing day-to-day general administrative support.
This position requires a person who can work in a fast-paced environment where every day ‘looks’ different (one day may include delivering workplace giving materials and coordinating meetings and the next day may include data entry), and an overall ability to multi-task and carry out a multitude of time sensitive tasks. This person also must have exceptional communication and thrive in a collaborative work environment while also being able to execute tasks independently and have sound judgement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as administrative support to the Resource Development Team, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, supporting materials, planning efforts, room and meeting preparation, sending updates and notices, and sending meeting follow-ups.
- Assists with maintaining Resource Development Team calendars by reviewing meeting requests, scheduling meetings, gathering materials in preparation for meetings (in-person and virtual).
- Communicate closely with staff to coordinate activities and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Provide ongoing updates on campaign status.
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, fundraising direct mail solicitations, reports, and other correspondence.
- Support and participate in partner activities and/or special events. Duties may include assisting with the planning and execution of the project and ensuring volunteers have a meaningful experience.
- Assists Senior Director of Resource Development and Community Campaign Coordinators with preparations for account’s campaign, including employee meetings, agency speakers, agency tours, publicity, and other contributions.
- Communicate and help coordinate with volunteers and community partners as needed as well as supporting internal communication and coordination across departments.
- Ensure assigned partners and donors receive appropriate donor recognition.
- Responsible for management of campaign inventory and supply room to ensure adequate supplies are available to support workplace giving campaigns including ordering of promotional items.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Compiles necessary data and backup documentation for invoices and reports.
- Assists with various requirements and deadlines.
- Participates in training, webinars, and seminars to keep abreast of industry and system best practices and enhancements.
- Accurately tracks annual revenue and expenses.
- Always provide exceptional customer service.
- Other such duties may be assigned which may include collaborative assignments with other departments.
Responsibilities within Customer Relationship Management System (CRM):
- Provide regular data entry to ensure accurate reporting of all fundraising efforts including maintaining accurate corporate and individual donor records in CRM database.
- Maintains quality of data including accurate company and individual donor records in CRM database.
- Processes all fundraising and campaign transactions such as, match requests and workplace contributions.
- Assists with campaign data management and provides reports as needed; to include but not limited to campaign performance, communication, donor information, compilation of recognition names for leadership giving roster and statistical analysis using United Way tools provided.
- Provides research and reconciliation for third-party processed accounts to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Work with IT department to resolve any website or system issues. Test system upgrades and new websites when added.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Experience in all aspects of administrative support.
- Proficiency with Windows operating system: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, experience with Social Media, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, and Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM).
- Ability to understand and analyze data and develop reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines, with theability to react and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Must possess the highest level of organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, always exercising sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work on weekends and evenings and flexibility to work on an irregular and varying schedule.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Four-year degree in a related field or equivalent donor engagement/fundraising experience
- Current Driver’s License
- Verifiable automobile insurance
At times, this position may include periods of extended physical activity such as working/standing at community events and/or moving and setting up equipment. Employee should be able to lift up to approximately 50 lbs. Employee is frequently required to meet multiple demands of several people and multiple deadlines or time sensitive projects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is both in-person and virtual. This position requires a quiet workspace for privacy while on remote.
The typical work environment is in-doors in an office with air conditioning/heat with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and florescent light with some outdoor work for events, largely for outreach or campaign and driving across Fresno and Madera Counties and occasionally for work-related travel out of area. Typical noise levels of indoor building with open shared space. This is sometimes muted with closed doors, carpeting, and wall panels, but when there are events in the main spaces (like the multi-purpose room or Free Tax Preparation season), it can get noisy during these special 3 events or seasons. The travel across Fresno and Madera Counties is typically to staff an outdoor event, attend a public or partner meeting or event. Some of these are indoor and some are outdoor with exposure to weather and temperature extremes and moderate to high noise levels. This position requires the ability to work with others both in small and large group settings.
This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every activity or job function specific to a position as special projects arise and funding changes (which impacts day-to-day work). An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to pass a background screening and submit to any required tests to screen for illegal drug and alcohol use prior to appointment. Application evaluation may involve interviews, written tests and/or other appropriate screening tools. The signature below constitutes applicants understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Resource Development
DATE: June 14, 2022
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000