This position will provide research, sales and administrative support to members of the Corporate Engagement Team. The right candidate is one who will embrace the challenge of working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment where planning, organization, communication, writing, database maintenance and interpersonal skills are essential for success. This person must possess a “can-do” attitude and be ready for assignments, projects and daily tasks to develop and change quickly.
- Provide general research, sales and administrative support to members of the Corporate Engagement Team, including the Corporate Relations Manager, the VP of Corporate Engagement, Sr. Directors and the Director of Volunteer Engagement
- Assist with the prospecting, research and outreach for current and new partners
- Assist with the creation of meeting agendas and itineraries as requested and set up meeting space. Assemble binders, folders and materials for meetings, fairs and campaign events.
- Assist with Salesforce generated entries and reporting for team
- Maintain inventory, determine needs and print collateral for Corporate Engagement team.
- Manage credit card process for VP of Corporate Engagement’s card.
- Provide administrative support for the Corporate engagement team around events. Assist in the management of corporate partner prospecting, outreach, invites and RSVPs.
- Provide daily administrative support for the team around volunteer, sponsorship and impact programs. This includes creating and editing sponsorship proposals, preparing meeting agendas, assembling binders and materials for meetings and prospect visits, setting up meeting space.
- Assist with special donor recognition projects as assigned such as printing photos, sending thank you gifts, and cards as directed by the Corporate Engagement leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships that advance the mission and support of UWMD.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact. Responsible for measured revenue contribution from existing and new corporate partners.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
• High sense of urgency to assist the team and get things done in an extremely quick manner.
• Determined to assist all team members in becoming more successful.
• Work experience at a level that requires nominal supervision and independent decision making ability to make solid business decisions desired.
• Experience drafting letters and other business documents required as well as handling large mailings.
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines for deliverables.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them all accurately and on time.
• Must be able to clearly communicate by email, phone, or in person to acquire information necessary to complete various tasks.
• Must have high attention to detail and take responsibility for quality control.
• Experience working in a non-profit and/or in a fast-paced team environment a plus.
• Experience assisting sales team members in a sales environment is a plus.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Flexibility to deal with unanticipated projects that have tight turnaround times by adjusting schedules for other projects and clearly communicating those changes to stakeholders and teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years work experience required, preferably providing administrative support in an sales/office environment.
- Well organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task.
- Well versed in SalesForce, Powerpoint, Excel and Word is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform mail merges and learn new applications quickly.