The Resource Coordinator position assists with the coordination and maintenance of resource data supporting United Way of North Carolina’s NC 2-1-1 information and referral system as part of the NCCARE360 team. United Way of NC is expanding the team to support the resource data work component of the NCCARE360. .
Quality Assurance Oversight
Follow policies and protocols that ensure the NC 2-1-1 resource database is in full compliance with all Resource Database standards, including the following elements:
- Comprehensive and consistent listings;
- Appropriate and consistent application of the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Standards http://www.airs.org/airsdata and 2-1-1 LA Taxonomy;
- Adherence to the NC 2-1-1 Style Manual;
- Application of approved templates for standardized resource listings.
- Follow policy and procedures and utilize provided resources and tools to ensure database is current and accurate including annual resource updates and interim changes
- Follow assigned work plan to meet deliverables around core resource areas and/or geographic assignments for database expansion.
- Work with the database directly and through interaction with agencies to enhance, update, and improve the resources within the NC 2-1-1 database. Specifically to
- Provide for global corrections to existing records within an assigned area to achieve compliance with Quality Assurance monitoring standards;
- Enhance the database listings;
- Ensuring basic needs categories are fully represented;Review responses to auto verification requests and assign geography and taxonomy as appropriate;
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for general information on NC 2-1-1 from external agencies seeking information and/or corrections regarding their agency’s information in the database.
- Provide support to external customers who request assistance with on-line updating tools.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Abilities
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Library Studies or Health and Human Services or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the health and human services field as it pertains to government and the non-profit sector. Specifically, an understanding of the organizational structures of government agencies and non-profit organizations meeting the health and human services needs of individuals, specifically those in NC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within an organization. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via phone and email.
- Experience in the management of robust databases with a focus on data integrity and the importance of adhering to style guidelines for data consistency. Highly organized and IT-competent – proficient in Microsoft Office and iCarol or similar database management program.
- Once eligible, become a certified AIRS Community Resource Specialist - Database Curator (CRS-DC).
- Demonstrated versatility and flexibility in learning new information, taking on new assignments and contributing as needed within the scope of the position. Ability to maintain a stable, consistent performance under fluctuating conditions such as time pressure or new/modified assignments. Readily adjusts priorities based on pressing or changing tasks.
- Ability to take initiative to independently accomplish tasks within the scope of the position. Well- developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team, providing constructive input towards team goals and project vision. Ability to compromise when necessary for the success of the team.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Spanish speaking a plus.