Purpose of Position
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Partner Engagement the Resource Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with service agencies listed in 211OC’s resource databases including keeping up the accuracy of information, adding new agencies and services, and recruiting into GetHelpOC closed loop referral partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop expertise of 211OC’s GetHelpOC: Community Information Exchange and iCarol resource databases of all front-end, back-end and administrative features and functions
- Maintain and ensure integrity of records in the resource databases
- Build relationships with agency and program staff, provide GetHelpOC demos, and encourage participation in GetHelpOC for closed loop referrals.
- Initiate organization information updates in the 211OC resource databases, provide and follow up on requests with agency directors and managers
- Develop a working knowledge of Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Taxonomy and Standards and how they are applied in the 211OC Resource Department
- Research services available in the community and assist agencies with completion and updates of application and forms
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Agencies/Service Providers
- Assist with 211RIDE program updates
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities may change under manager discretion.
All employees, in performing their respective tasks and duties, are to perform quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision; interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments; and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and obtains clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
Professionalism - Tactfully approaches others; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Job Requirements /Technical Knowledge
- 1+ years working in the health and human service field preferred
- 2+ years working in a customer service position preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and a discreet demeanor
- $20-23/hr with competitive benefits.
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly. The employee is required to stand and publically speak. The employee is required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift files and reports is required. Employee must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds. Reliable transportation and a clean driving record are required as the employee will need to travel throughout Orange County to visit with partners, County meetings, Collaborative meetings, and other meetings and trainings.
Send Resumes To:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience
- $41,000 to $50,000 per year