Research & Data Operations Specialist
Strategic Intelligence and Information Division
United Way of Central Indiana is seeking a Research & Data Operations Specialist to join our Strategic Intelligence & Information (SII) division. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the community by helping us to improve our ability to assess our impact, identify areas for improvement, and make more informed decisions about our programs and services.
The Research & Data Operations Specialist will play a key role in supporting the SII division's mission to provide data-driven insights that help United Way to achieve its goals. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in research, data analysis, and project management. They will also be able to work independently and as part of a team, and they will have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Lead the strategic development and execution of the SII team's operational processes, procedures, and practices.
- Lead the project management and tracking of project deliverables in Smartsheet's.
- Assist the Impact, Community, and Fundraising data teams on research, data organization, minor data manipulation, and data prep for analytical projects.
- Manage the Data Insights & Storytelling Hub (DISH).
- Implement, execute, and optimize the SharePoint site for the department, ensuring clear communication throughout the entire organization.
- Provide operational support in the documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS), and project organizations in MS Teams to support the historical documentation of projects for future records.
- Stay abreast of key issues, evidence-based best practices, and research to inform and shape current and future investments, initiatives, and programs that support outcomes for individuals and households throughout Central Indiana.
- Serve as a liaison to community partners by providing information, resources and technical assistance.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in research, data analysis, and project management.
- Experience with project management software such as Smartsheet's.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the community.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Chance to work with a talented team of professionals.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Research & Data Operations Specialist who is passionate about making a difference in the community, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
At United Way, we partner to design, support, and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents’ quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana’s team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Position Leader: Strategic Research & Analytics Senior Director
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
Salary Range: Low to Mid 50’s
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any tim