Strategic Information Team
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support, and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. This research associate position assist with research and analytical projects conducted by the Strategic Information (SI) Department in support of the organization's goals and objectives. This position will support and engage across two key initiatives at UWCI, Accreditation and the Efforts to Outcomes data initiative. Act as a liaison between the Strategic Information Department, internal partners (fundraising, marketing, and community impact) and external partners (including United Way's accredited partner agencies). Assist the continued implementation and ongoing enhancement of our Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) community data collection and performance management system, which is used across United Way of Central Indiana and its growing network of partner agencies Support Strategic Information data collection.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Work closely with the Snr. Director of Strategic Research and Analytics and other members of the Strategic Information team to define and design analytical projects.
- Support the implementation, maintenance, and management of Efforts to Outcomes software, collaborating directly with agency executives and front-line staff to facilitate program performance management activities.
- Lead efforts to collect, organize, scrub, validate, and otherwise prepare large data sets for research projects; e.g.: update and maintain a complex database of confidential information to ensure current and accurate information using systems such as Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
- Help train internal and external partners on data-entry and data integrity.
- Create customized performance reports that aggregate results for external partner agencies, and internal partners using SAP Business Objects
- Support internal efforts to collect and analyze Accreditation data from UWCI partner Community Based Organizations (CBOs), including but not limited to:
- Work closely with organizations to ensure successful completion of accreditation and re-accreditation
- Analyze and interpret results of needs assessment data of current accredited CBOs
- Analyze and assess 990s and audited financials
- Assist and collaborate with Senior Research Analyst in annual CBO impact analysis to identify new opportunities for accredited organizations and impact fund organizations
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Lead efforts to collect organize, scrub, validate, and analyze data collected from the new accreditation tool and re-accreditation tool
- Manage accreditation documentation on Community Portal and Salesforce CRM
- Maintain contacts of accredited organizations
- Design Visualizations and Dashboard to inform data driven decisions for accreditation
- Collaborate and co-lead efforts to design and implement New ED orientation quarterly webinars
- Lead efforts in building capacity building initiatives surrounding data collection and outcomes reporting for Grassroots and faith-based organizations.
- Support SI in current and ongoing projects and data analytics
- Support Capacity Building team with data research and analytics on areas of support for accredited community partners.
- Support CI team with Impact Fund application validation and research
- Assist in the validation, reporting and analysis of Impact Funds data using SQL.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards to track impact metrics, understand data trends, and create reports and visualizations for United Way team members.
- Collaborate and support additional SI project, including but not limited to:
- Help train internal and external partners on data-entry and data integrity.
- Develop and implement research designs, inclusive of methodology and appropriate statistical methods for analyzing data on assigned projects.
- Utilize ESRI GIS tools such as ArcGIS to create maps and provide understanding of variables in a given geographic location.
- Prepare and present research results and related implications and recommendations both in writing and verbal communications based on a demonstrated understanding of the given audience and research objectives.
- Assist with program evaluation and data analysis for UWCI programs and initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise with traditional and new research methods, analytical techniques, and technologies.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Understanding of community data sets and community level analysis.
- Knowledge of SQL programming language, database structures and Business Intelligence (BI) analytics software preferred.
- Working knowledge of SPSS or relational database concepts and other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of computer proficiency and knowledge of various computer software, with skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ETO database and best practices by taking online training courses and passing ETO Administrator and Result Writer certification exams within first year of employment.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Senior Director, Strategic Research & Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.