At the heart of our work is ensuring the safety net by providing life-saving services to meet our neighbors’ most basic needs, like food and shelter.
We are here to support families and individuals when they are going through crises, like job loss, domestic violence and natural disasters.
And, we create a pathway to self-sufficiency and success for our neighbors and our community. We provide the tools, resources and education for families to achieve financial stability and independence, for children to succeed in school and in life and for veterans to rebuild their lives after returning from service.
Every day of the year, 24-hours a day, we are the voice of help and hope for those who call our 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE.
And, we bring stakeholders and our community together to address the most pressing needs in our area, improving the quality of life for everyone in our region. We do it all strategically, transparently and with a focus on results.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve the mission of the United Way of Greater Houston, the Relationship Manager will lead the creation and execution of strategies to optimize relationships with individual donors inside and outside of corporate campaigns. Job requires strong ability to work in a variety of customer relationship management (CRM) systems including SalesForce, Raisers Edge and custom databases. Works closely with the fundraising teams to support Donor Relations in achieving annual fundraising goals around donor acquisition, donor retention, donor growth, as well as engagement of donors inside and outside of corporate campaigns.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs data validation and verification to identify key information within giving levels to insure proper representation in the CRM systems. Illustrates pertinent trends among leadership donors by pulling and analyzing data from CRM databases.
- Support key activities associated with Salesforce and CRM databases. Works with Manager/Sr. Manager on database administration, monitoring and fulfilling requests for user support, data and development of new reports. Enters donor data in SalesForce and CRM database, prepares leadership giving reports, pulls queries, composes and analyzes information for Donor Relations reports.
- Documenting business practices, procedures and processes for implementing new CRM features to support organizational goals. Monitor efficiency and effective coordination of such. Monitor adherence to established data governance, privacy policies and procedures.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential. Evening and weekend work might be required.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
3-5 years: Progressive experience in fundraising with relational database management, SalesForce/Raisers Edge preferred. Plus, 2 years’ experience in project or process management, or quality assurance desired.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.