Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Sr. AVP of Leadership Giving & Donor Stewardship
Date of update: April 9, 2019
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Develop new, innovative fundraising and stewardship strategies to grow and retain donors. Plan, organize, and direct leadership giving focus areas related to the United Way’s Pride United, LINC (Lead. Impact. Network. Change) and manage other affinity groups as assigned, as well as partner with the LG team to develop and implement impactful recognition and stewardship programs for all affinity groups.
- Staff and manage Pride United (recognizing LGBTQ+ members who contribute $1,000 or more to United Way). This includes actively soliciting new Pride United prospects and existing members for renewal/increased gift commitments.
- Staff and manage LINC (Lead. Impact. Network. Change. Recognizing members who contribute at least $250 to the Community Impact fund are between the ages of 22-30). Effectively steward, grow and retain members for LINC affinity group.
- Staff and manage other affinity groups as assigned.
- Help develop and manage UWCO’s leadership giving recognition and stewardship programs.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with volunteer leaders. Recruit new volunteers and new volunteer leaders to support overall PRIDE affinity group efforts.
- Report Pride United, LINC and assigned affinity groups strategies to accomplish goals and objectives as appropriate - be accountable for meeting or exceeding goals and objectives.
- Maintain accurate donor records for Pride United and assigned affinity group members; identify Pride United and affinity group prospects; communicate with Pride United members and affinity group members as needed.
- Organize and staff Pride United, LINC and affinity group special recognition events annually or as deemed appropriate by management team.
- Work with other affinity group staff leaders to establish a comprehensive stewardship program including educational programs, recognition programs and communications.
- Oversee implementation of stewardship plans - interfacing closely with the broader UWCO family to align and address needs of the LG team.
- Create budgets for special events and work within them, generate funding through sponsorships, deliver on terms of sponsorships, and invoice sponsors.
- Represent United Way of Central Ohio at relevant community events.
- Actively pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Understand and effectively communicate the Community Impact message of United Way.
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a member of an aligned team, both within the resource development department and across the larger organization, and with particular emphasis on partnering with corporate campaign colleagues.
- Responsible for supporting the achievement of United Way’s strategy map goals by participating and contributing to at least one strategy map team.
- Responsible for supporting United Way’s culture of excellence through adherence to the Culture Pillars.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A thorough knowledge of the skills in planning, organizing and directing volunteers to meet objectives and time-lines is required.
- Fundraising skills and experience is desired.
- Strong sales, presentation and motivational skills are required to convey the United Way fundraising message.
- Knowledge of business community, volunteerism and management is required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures and establishing account goals and objectives is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and work in partnership with diverse staff, loaned executives, donors, partners and vendors.
- Positive interpersonal/communications skills and ability to use sound judgment and be self-directed.
- Strong computer skills are required using Microsoft Office 365; familiar with word processing and spreadsheets.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to independently problem solve.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers within and across departments and functions.
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot, thrive under pressure, and accept constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates a positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task, and switch tasks fluidly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to inter-departmental, volunteer and constituent service standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and support for United Way Mission, Vision, Pillars, Service Standards, Confidentiality Standards, and Policies and Procedures.
- Thorough appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to, diversity.
- Mission Focused
- Job Knowledge
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Results Driven
This position may be asked to take on supervisory responsibilities of interns or temporary staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and campaign supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexible daily hours may be available year-round. Daily work schedule and any flextime hours must be approved by the department head. Position sometimes requires additional hours and/or weekend work.
Travel which is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field and/or four (4) years of equivalent experience is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Posting Date: April 12, 2019
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019
Please submit your resume & cover letter to no later than the application deadline to the following URL address: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/
Please Note: Applicants will receive a message after successfully completing the online application process. If a message is not received, then the application was not successfully completed.
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.