At the heart of our work is ensuring the safety net by providing life-saving services to meet our neighbors’ most basic needs, like food and shelter.
We are here to support families and individuals when they are going through crises, like job loss, domestic violence and natural disasters.
And, we create a pathway to self-sufficiency and success for our neighbors and our community. We provide the tools, resources and education for families to achieve financial stability and independence, for children to succeed in school and in life and for veterans to rebuild their lives after returning from service.
Every day of the year, 24-hours a day, we are the voice of help and hope for those who call our 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE.
And, we bring stakeholders and our community together to address the most pressing needs in our area, improving the quality of life for everyone in our region. We do it all strategically, transparently and with a focus on results.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve the mission of the United Way of Greater Houston (UWGH), the Relationship Manager helps deepen and maintain relationships with individual donors, corporate campaigns and prospects in the Fort Bend County area. The Relationship Manager must identify, qualify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective individual major donors and is responsible for meeting various benchmarks and an annual revenue target.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Fundraising: In conjunction with internal partners, develop and implement strategies to grow revenue generated from individuals inside or outside of corporate giving. Develop and implement a strategic plan designed to grow the fundraising and membership goals for individual donors and/or corporate giving at each donor level. Execute strategies to increase, retain and secure new donors and dollars. Responsible for planning, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors. Explore and implement target identification, research, prospect management, event-based relationship building techniques and proper communication with donors and prospects. Achieve donor call expectations (180 annually) and annual fundraising goals.
- Constituent Relationships: Work with UWGH’s Community Impact and Fundraising teams to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work and UWGH goals and priorities to key stakeholders. Be knowledgeable about UWGH’s work in Greater Houston and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value. Ensure acknowledgement of gifts is sent in timely manner. Ensure activity is recorded in CRM database in a timely manner.
- Relationships: Develop and maintain regular contact with existing and prospective donors. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWGH team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly. Ensure activity is recorded in CRM database in a timely manner.
- Annual Goals: Achieve established goals for annual fundraising, engagement, and donor calls. Work with other members of the UWGH team to ensure goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
Five (5) years demonstrated history of fundraising experience with at least three (3) years in soliciting and securing major gifts ($10,000+). Knowledge of the Greater Houston community and the human service sector is preferred.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply at: https://www.unitedwayhouston.org/job-bank/