Title: Relationship Manager, Corporate Relations
Department: Resource Development
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Vice President, Resource Development Exemption Status: Exempt
Date Poste: 7-1-2020 Expires: 7-15-2020
Job Location: San Antonio
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The Relations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of corporate and employee engagement partnerships and campaigns. The position will establish, grow, and strengthen relationships with employers and internal influencers to maximize corporate and employee community involvement to meet revenue goals. Support United Way's commitment to excellent customer service by facilitating communication and relationship-building with community partners and key stakeholders (local organizations, businesses, and individuals).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Maintain close, positive relationships with the key accounts in assigned portfolio throughout the year, including planning and oversight of the accounts’ annual United Way campaign – focusing on building and maintaining effective relationships
2. Be a passionate advocate of UWSA mission and be able to advocate amongst our corporate partners and their employees
3. Oversee employee giving campaigns and create meaningful growth through best practice strategies to grow participation and average gifts
4. Work with Major Gift Officer to coordinate donor cultivation of individuals within the workplace who have potential to give major gifts
5. Drive the strategy and execution around reimaging corporate partnerships and how to engage employees through workplace campaigns, and as individuals to support the work of United Way
6. Work with the SVP, RD to streamline processes and improve ROI on all fundraising activities
7. Develop strategies to identify, cultivate, and steward current and potential leadership donors (gifts of $500 or more) within assigned portfolio
8. Understand corporate community and CSR goals and match United Way’s mission work to those goals
9. Assist volunteer identification, recruitment, training, retention, and advancement.
10. Provide staff support, counsel, and guidance to volunteer leadership.
* Develop individual account campaign plans and timetables.
* Monitor campaign activities, keeping volunteers and staff appraised of campaign progress
11. Identify, cultivate, and steward donors and prospective donors with the goal of soliciting and closing gifts from individuals in support of organizational priorities
12. Conduct 40 personal visits annually as part utilizing the Consultative Engagement strategies to facilitate the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual gifts from current and/or prospective donors
13. Consistently document key conversations with prospects, donors, and corporate partners into UWSA’s relationship management database (ANDAR)
14. Develops relationships with the finance and administration staff to ensure that information on campaign reports is provided in a timely and accurate manner
15. Actively engage donors and prospects though established UWSA events, investment opportunities, volunteer opportunities and advocacy. Provide appropriate follow-up to move relationship forward
16. Maintain solid understanding of United Way programs and initiatives. Work with colleagues across the organization to develop customized giving proposals for key donors who may have an interest in funding a particular initiative
17. Monitor reports for actual and projected progress to goal for accounts within assigned portfolio and when necessary, work with the Information Technology team to finalize
18. Work with and support Loaned Executives on the management of corporate campaigns and the interactions with company contacts
19. Willingly accept other ancillary or related assignments that will enhance the effectiveness of the corporation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
• Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
• Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
• Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
• Reliable personal transportation required.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Extended viewing of computer monitor.
• Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
EXPERIENCE/SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
• A minimum of two to four years of fundraising experience, with demonstrated success cultivating a donor base
• Demonstrated capability to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, corporations and private foundations
• Knowledge of and experience with the San Antonio and Bexar County philanthropic community desired.
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and take full ownership of assignments
• Excellent collaborator and team member, able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize donor databases and reporting tools
• Ability to set expectations, establish priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced development department
• Outstanding written communication skills—for proposal preparation, communications with donors, and reports (such as newsletters and annual reports)—and oral communication skills for individual and group interactions and presentations.
• A personal leadership and management style that promotes collaboration and accessibility.
• A commitment to community service
• An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development
• The ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and consistent change
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working efficiently and addressing a wide variety of considerations under deadlines
• Experience with CRM/database management
• Ability to host virtual meetings and feel comfortable making virtual presentations
Dynamic leadership, exceptional relationship building, business development and fundraising/sales, results orientation, strong written and verbal communication skills, strategic relationship management, entrepreneurial and innovative, volunteer management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
• Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org