United Way of Greater Chattanooga is searching for a Relationship Manager. This position reports to the Director of Community and Corporate Engagement and will be part of the Community Engagement team. This position is full-time/exempt.
Summary: The Relationship Manager’s role is to generate resources, support and buy-in from corporate partners as we present engagement and community initiatives through year-round engagement.
This is a sales and development role. We at the United Way are in the business of selling engagement to our corporate partners, partner agencies and the community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA - FUNDRAISING & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Work with the Director of Corporate Engagement, set annual fundraising goals for each corporate partner.
- Meet or exceed the annual aggregate financial goal of your book of business.
- Meet monthly corporate contact activity objectives.
- Must be able to speak, explain and educate corporate partners on United Way’s digital and online giving services.
- Within your book of business, develop working relationships with corporate CEOs and fundraising managers. Train fundraising managers as needed.
- Present to corporate partners our year-round Engagement model including Generosity, Advocacy and Volunteerism.
- Work well with United Way Community Engagement, Marketing, Community Investment, and Finance and Operations to promote a healthy enterprise.
- Work with Generosity Associates and Interns to ensure we go to market with consistent engagement messaging and operations.
- Be proactive and build trust, engaging corporate partners with a consultative approach.
- Ownership of donor acknowledgement and appreciation communications within your book of business.
- Participate in annual corporate engagement and volunteerism events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA – DATA & SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- Maintain core competencies in the enterprise donor software system of record and CRM (Andar). Enter all corporate contact activity in the CRM on a timely basis.
- Track and report book of business performance on a regular basis.
- Track and report accounts receivable performance on a regular basis.
- Perform trend analysis on your book of business.
- Maintain proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
KEY RESPONSIBLITIY AREA – CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Participate in the annual fundraising analysis each year; provide a summary to the CEO, Director, and United Way staff, as requested.
- Make recommendations for improvements to your book of business, including support needed from United Way.
- Set and track annual simple Engagement goals for each corporate partner in your book of business, including Generosity, Advocacy, and Volunteerism.
- Perform other duties as needed for your personal success, and the success of the Corporate Engagement team.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree
Experience: 3+ years of non-profit or sales experience
- Fundraising and non-profit team experience
- Ability to meet financial goals and account development requirements.
- Experience working with community volunteers.
- Knowledge of techniques and practices for fundraising, marketing, broad experience working in the community with volunteers.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal and proven communication skills, including writing and excellent presentation skills.
- Extremely motivated, flexible and must have a team-first attitude and approach.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Experience with CRM software. Experience with Andar a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 31, 2022.