Creates and ensures the delivery of a year-round engaging and fulfilling experience for donors at workplace partners. Develop, retain, and grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Greater Stark County’s work. Maintain and continuously develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within an assigned account portfolio. Responsible for creating relationships with individual donors (giving less than $500 annually) at assigned workplace accounts – including the development and implementation of all related strategies, utilizing United Way volunteers to support creating and cultivating relationships, and maintaining up to date database records for assigned accounts.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following strengths:
- Ability to drive revenue
- Strategic relationship building
- Effective and engaging communicator
- Embraces and manages change
Reports directly to Associate Vice President of Resource Development
Scope of responsibility:
As a small team-based organization, United Way associates are expected to work in a fluid and flexible environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every associate. To this point, associates must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks within several areas of the organization. In addition, all associates interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way associates demonstrate a professional appearance, exemplary inter-personal skills, and the highest ethical standards
Engage with and utilize key volunteers from Board, Impact, and other committees to develop and nurture relationships with current, and prospective donors. Assist with Affinity groups as needed.
- Achieve established organization financial goals for assigned accounts and donors through annual campaign and donor cultivation efforts.
- Achieve annual goals for number of donor calls and visits.
- Manage and nurture assigned workplace accounts to develop stronger United Way relationships, commitment, and workplace campaign support. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, grants, sponsorships, etc.).
- Focus on individual donors within workplace account portfolio for donor cultivation, relationship building and engagement, working towards reducing donor churn and creating fulfilling experiences for donors.
- Maintain accurate account records in database.
- Continuously cultivate donors for new or increased giving opportunities, working hand-in-hand with Individual Donor Relationship Manager(s) on leadership giving prospects and shared strategies.
- Analyze giving history and trends for assigned accounts in order to identify opportunities for growth. Leverage segmentation data to provide strategic, targeted account management at an individual donor level while always providing excellent customer service to demonstrate cultivation and stewardship to donors.
- Work as a part of a team to develop and execute a year-round engagement plan for donors, including engagement, direct services, and various cross-functional teams.
- Represent United Way of Greater Stark County for various speaking engagements and activities including but not limited to presentations, campaign events and volunteer events.
- Coverage of appropriate after hours work events such as presentations, chamber events, UW events, etc.
- All other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Associate Vice President of Resource Development.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business area or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-3 years of fundraising or sales experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position.
- A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed.
- Effective time management and ability to multitask.
- Detail oriented and able to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Proven track record of dependable attendance.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for seven hours a day.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle.
- Achievement of annual campaign goal
- Achievement of growth in giving, by account
- Number of touches to high potential / target donor segmentation groups
- Reduction in churn, by division and/or account
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- A team player