PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To develop and implement partnership strategies within assigned book of business, focused on growing investments in Orange County United Way’s Community Impact Agenda. The position objectives are to maximize investment growth through a concerted effort to establish and deepen meaningful relationships with corporate partner leadership and other key influencers. Position is responsible for managing relationships with a portfolio of assigned donors and corporate partners, which will also include interaction with the Major Gifts, Finance, Marketing and Community Investments departments on issues pertaining to gift processing and engagement in strategic and program activities as interests are identified.
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking
- Talent Development and Management
- Leading and Motivating
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communicating and Influencing
- Business Knowledge/Savvy
- Partnering and Teamwork
- Personal Excellence
- Serve as the year-round point of contact and strategic consultant for community engagement for assigned book of business of accounts and relationships.
- Formulate goals and strategies focused on growing investments in OCUW’s Community Impact Agenda, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (SPC), and volunteerism.
- Design, present and execute specific development action plans to ensure cultivation of relationships and to drive revenue growth, through workplace campaigns, affinity groups, SPC and agency partners.
- Provide the “ideal experience” for the active corporate partners and employees by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts and regularly communicating about Orange County United Way investments and the community impact those investments are making.
- Manage limited number of major & leadership donors within workplace giving campaigns
- Organize corporate and donor data efficiently and accurately
- Maintain a current understanding of and be able to articulate to donors the community at large, Orange County United Way’s community impact model, focus area activities and results. Participate in internal and external committees/experiences to gain and keep current such understanding.
- Direct and coach assigned Loaned Executives (LE’s) and/or interns to play a role in training as requested.
- Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote a cooperative spirit within the Orange County United Way organization.
Education and Training Required for this Position
Bachelors Degree and/or two years of relevant work experience in fundraising/sales/customer service.
Knowledge required of:
- Non Profit Fundraising
- Volunteer management
- Relationship building and donor relationship building or comparable high-level account management experience.
- Preference for United Way/nonprofit experience in working with donor, customer or constituent markets.
Hands on Experience required in:
- Relationship development, sales and marketing strategies and techniques.
- Volunteer and staff management.
- IT functions, report development, tracking data, software including Word, Excel.
Demonstrated Skills in:
- Analysis of financial and statistical data.
- Time and organizational management.
Proven Ability To:
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to assigned corporate partners and individual donors.
- Communicate effectively verbally/in writing; strong public speaking/presentation skills.
- Work with diverse groups of people.
- Comprehend and analyze financial and statistical data.
- Learn and fully utilize customer relationship manager software.
- Organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Manage volunteers and staff.
- Develop and implement creative sales strategies.
Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reliable transportation and a clean driving record are required as the employee will need to travel throughout Orange County to visit with donors at their preferred meeting locations and to travel to donor engagement events. Set-up and take down for donor engagement events. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds. Participation in early morning and evening meetings and events will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Send resumes & cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South
Irvine, CA 92614