United Way of Central Iowa employees are passionate about our mission of improving lives and fostering an inclusive, compassionate, and community-minded culture. We provide a competitive wage and robust benefits package with the flexibility to work from home 2 days a week for most positions. If you are interested in joining our team, please continue reading!
United Way of Central Iowa is seeking Reintegration Specialists with case management experience to provide meaningful supports and resources for individuals reentering the community from incarceration. The Reintegration Specialist positions are part of our Central Returning Iowans Achieve (CIRCA) program, a federal grant awarded to United Way to help returning citizens overcome barriers and develop skills to secure long-term employment. The goal of the program is to help individuals to become selfsufficient and reduce the possibility of returning to prison. The Reintegration Specialists support clients by building relationships and reentry planning with clients before they are released from a correctional institution, and then supporting clients for a year after reentry. This role will connect and help clients navigate resources and other supportive services to help break down the many barriers returning citizens face to gain long-term employment. This includes providing comprehensive employment preparation and retention services, training clients for Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) and coordinating peers supports once they are back in the community.
The qualified candidate will have experience in working with individuals who have been incarcerated, knowledge of community resources, knowledge of pre-employment and workforce skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, building relationships by listening and being empathetic, the ability to train others, and a commitment to teamwork and overall program success. Understanding the importance of following program rules and regulations and maintaining appropriate boundaries with clients is a must. The Reintegration Specialists must be able to travel to Mitchellville and Newton periodically with their own reliable transportation and a good driving record. Milage is reimbursed.
These positions are fulltime employment with a full benefits package. The CIRCA program runs through the next two years and continued employment beyond that time will depend on grant funding and other possible resources. The starting salary range is $44,000-$47,000. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply!
Why choose United Way of Central Iowa?
United Way of Central Iowa is an established and highly respected nonprofit in the Central Iowa area and the United Way Worldwide network. Employees at UWCI have a passion for the organization’s mission and community impact work and strive to create a positive, inclusive, and welcoming work environment. Our Core Values of Compassion, Integrity, Community Engagement, Responsiveness and Striving for Excellence is the foundation for how we do our work and to reach our aspiration to “Engage Community to Empower All.” In addition to a competitive salary, a hybrid work schedule, and a robust benefits package that includes health insurance, a dental and vision plan, 401(k) with match and paid life insurance, we offer the following:
- A positive work environment that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion principles
- Generous paid vacation plan, holidays, a personal holiday, and sick time • Paid volunteer time off
- Convenient central Des Moines location with free parking
- Free on-site fitness center
- Tuition Assistance
- Commitment to employee professional development
- Fun monthly opportunities for employees to build camaraderie
- Wellness initiatives
Essential Accountabilities Include (but not limited to):
- Develops a case management plan for each participant that outlines goals, objectives, and strategies to achieve goals with timelines and assignment of responsibilities for each element of the plan
- Initiates and maintains strong relationships with all program partners, employers, and community organizations to ensure client and program success.
- In collaboration with corrections institution partners, recruits, and enrolls participants in the program.
- Provides comprehensive employment preparation services to clients including career pathway navigation, job placement and retention services, resume development, and interview preparation, and barrier mitigation.
- Introduces, trains, and support clients with the Wellness Recovery Action Planning. (WRAP)
- Coordinates peer support for clients and helps support the programs alumni group.
- Completes a career interest inventory and assessments.
- Coaches participants to assume responsibility for directing their own goal plan, becoming their own advocates and making informed decisions that will facilitate a successful return to work and the community.
- Ensures accurate recordkeeping including participant demographics, case files, referrals, outcomes, etc.
- Checks in on participant performance on the job and provides feedback to clients (both positive and corrective) when necessary.
- Prepares forms and reports related to training and placement activities; tracks participant activity and progress data.
- Meets regularly with training and education instructors to proactively address participant issues during training.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field desired; experience in lieu of some education will be considered.
- Minimum three years’ experience in case management and direct service delivery.
- Minimum two years’ experience with job placement and mitigating barriers to employment.
- Ability to work with diverse populations facing multiple barriers.
- Ability to establish professional boundaries with clients.
- Solid technology skills with the ability to format resumes and cover letters, mastery of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet applications
United Way is an equal opportunity organization and all qualified applicants for employment or contract assignments will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, skin color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental abilities, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, age, family or marital status, veteran status or other characteristic protected by applicable. United Way of Central Iowa will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the role requirements and any applicable local, state, and Federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please call 515-246-6516.