PURPOSE OF POSITION: To make a great first impression! Our reception desk is the central hub of our building and the first stop for all visitors, so the receptionist position is critical to ensuring that visitors to the building have an overwhelmingly positive experience. Receptionist is a cheerful, professional individual to answer the door and phone and manage the guest experience.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Percentage of Time
40% 1. Guest Experience Management: Answer the front door politely and professionally. Alert the appropriate staff member via phone that their meeting has arrived. The supervisor will train this individual on our standard office protocol.
30% 2. Answer Main Phone Line: Answer the main phone line in a consistent and polite manner. Learn the various functions performed by each staff member and be able to utilize the phone system to transfer the call to the appropriate staff member. Opportunities will be available for this individual to meet with each staff member to learn about how the organization functions. In addition, this individual will receive information related to a limited scope of frequently asked questions and will be expected to answer these questions utilizing provided materials.
20% 3. General Office Assistance: Assist with volume copying, mailings, and sorting as needed. This work will be explained and coordinated by the supervisor and will need to be done between answering the phone and door. The front desk area is expected to be presentable even in the midst of working on a mailing or sorting task.
10% 4. Special Projects: Because of the nature of our organization, there are special projects that arise which require ‘all hands on deck’. We expect that this individual will embrace our team atmosphere and help as needed when special events or projects could benefit from their assistance. These projects often highlight the organization’s involvement in the community and provide an opportunity to learn about how our United Way plays a role in moving Summit County forward.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: All internal staff of United Way of Summit County and all guests to the building.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of MS Office products.
- Flexible schedule between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. to accommodate business needs. Schedule will be assigned at least two weeks in advance. Throughout 5 business days, hours will average 5.5 hours per day, not to exceed 29.75 hours per week.
- Interest in the improvement of the Summit County community.
- Polite and cheerful communication skills.
- Great attitude about coming to work each day.
- Professional presentation.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments/responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for the mission of United Way of Summit County.
- Position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring long periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer.
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office, walking, climbing stairs or utilizing elevator.
- Minimal lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- After-hours event attendance occasionally.
To apply: Interested applicants that meet the minimum qualifications can submit an updated resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
EOE. No phone calls, please.