Receptionist, Lexington Dental Clinic
WellPartners offers free dental and vision health services that provide preventive and restorative dental and vision care to uninsured children and adults in the Midlands. We have two locations and are seeking a part-time Receptionist for our Lexington dental clinic located in the County Health Department complex in Red Bank.
The Receptionist would be responsible for front office dental clinic reception and administration duties, including greeting patients and guests as well as directing them appropriately, answering phones, handling clinic inquiries, managing grant and other reporting data and documents, and sorting and distributing mail. Flexibility, initiative, and a pleasant attitude are requisites as well as the ability to build and maintain a strong working relationship as part of the clinics’ team. Receptionists are fundamental as they present the first impression of an organization to patients and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist in compliance with Lexington County Department of Health and Environmental Control and Lexington County building regulations.
- Maintain and follow clinic policy and procedure for medical record confidentiality and release of information.
- Keep management and staff informed by providing timely dissemination of communication.
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office.
- Gather new patient personal information and maintain patient files in a professional and organized manner.
- Schedule appointments, maintain appointments electronically, and administer appointment reminders and follow-up calls.
- Prepare letters and documents required to support clinics.
- Ensure common areas in office premises are equipped with required office supplies as appropriate.
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Collect data needed for grant reports and compile grant reporting documents.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or a degree in any field from an accredited college or university with three or more years’ experience. Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English and have proper grammatical speech. Telephone skills, verbal communication, and proficient in Microsoft Office software. Must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Eaglesoft Dental software, bilingual and/or fluent in Spanish a plus.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience