NAME AND LOCATION OF SITE:
UNITED WAY OF LARIMER COUNTY
424 PINE ST. FORT COLLINS, CO 80524
TITLE: READY CORPS MEMBER
TERM OF SERVICE: OCTOBER 2017 – AUGUST 2018
REPORTS TO: 2-1-1 COMMUNITY LIAISON
DEADLINE TO APPLY: AUGUST 18, 2017
ANTICIPATED SERVICE SCHEDULE: Each member will serve 1,700 hours over the term of service, averaging 40 hours per week, which includes some evenings and weekends.
Ready Corps, an AmeriCorps program implemented by Points of Light, creates disaster resilient communities by increasing preparedness of individuals and families through volunteer engagement. Ready Corps members will serve 10-month terms beginning in October 2017. Ready Corps members will provide direct service and train volunteer leaders to recruit and educate teams of volunteers to:
1) Improve preparedness of individuals and families through local collaborative volunteer projects, service events, and trainings resulting in personal preparedness plans.
2) Expand Local Preparedness Networks and community capacity to respond to disasters by strengthening partnership networks while building a corps of trained volunteer leaders with specific focus on managing unaffiliated volunteers in emergency situations.
3) Support long-term recovery and sustainability by increasing organizational capacity to help individuals and families prepare and, in the case of disaster, more easily respond and recover from current events.
· Lead coordination efforts for the Whole Community Disaster Simulation
· Develop and train volunteers to be facilitators for the Whole Community Disaster Simulation
· Work with Larimer County VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) to recruit member organizations and promote VOAD
· Work in conjunction with the Larimer County Office of Emergency Management and coordination team to develop and implement Disaster Bike Trials for Larimer County
· Conduct and facilitate trainings
· Design and develop a disaster web portal through the United Way website for both our disaster partners and the general community
· Design and implement volunteer opportunities to engage disaster volunteers between disasters
· Make connections with individuals and volunteers in the community for program outreach and program enhancement.
· Other duties as assigned
· Conduct 15 trainings during 10 months of service
· Recruit and trained at least 50 volunteer leaders
· Reach at least 3,000 individuals
· Participate in AmeriCorps training and events as required Participate in and complete AmeriCorps citizenship training
· Participate in community service activities
- Opportunity to make a difference in a community
- Opportunity to register with AmeriCorps Alums (www.americorpsalums.org)
- Opportunity to participate in Points of Light virtual webinars and conference calls
- Networking opportunities with fellow corps members across the country
- Onsite training and professional development
- Living allowance of up to $12,100 over 10 month term of service
- An AmeriCorps Education Award ($5,775) upon successful completion of service
- Corporation for Community and National Service approved Health benefits and child care assistance if qualified
Ready Corps members are as diverse a group as the communities they serve.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Have a college degree or attended some college, have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have served no more than two terms in an AmeriCorps state or national program.*
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Be able to participate in the Ready Corps Training in October, 2017
- Be able to begin service in October, 2017
Previous experiences with service, training, or leadership development strengthen candidacy.
* Individuals may receive no more than the value of two full time education awards. If you have received the equivalent of more than one full time education award, you are eligible to serve and receive a discounted award.