United Way of Broward County fights for the health, education and financial prosperity of every person in our community.
General Description: This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the ReadingPals program including planning, coordination, development, implementation and overall leadership, vision and focus of the ReadingPals initiative.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Development of strategies, plans and goals for ReadingPals in alignment with the mission of the United Way of Broward County.
- Overall responsibility for the ReadingPals annual budget; forecasting expenditures; analyzing variances, preparing quarterly reports.
- Overall responsibility for volunteer engagement.
- Overall responsibility for recruiting and tracking ReadingPals volunteers in alignment with this initiative.
- Plan and direct ReadingPals events as required.
- Coordinate activities and communications with appropriate organizations, i.e., childcare centers, schools, School Board of Broward County, local commissions, networks, councils, etc., as they relate to education and ReadingPals.
- Responsible for directing organizational staff who supports ReadingPals.
- Oversee vendor relations related to ReadingPals.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the ReadingPals Curriculum.
- Implement systems for evaluation and monitoring volunteer tutor results. Implement and monitor internal systems for reliable and accurate data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Ensure such information is usable for public communication.
- Participate in task forces related to both volunteerism and education.
- Represent ReadingPals program at meeting with key ReadingPals organizational partners, sponsors, etc. Including School Board of Broward County.
- Maintain a current understanding of and be able to articulate to the community UWBC’s community impact model, focus activities, and results. Ensure the UWBC Brand Experience and Promise. Implement UWBC’s relationship Model as appropriate.
- Manage databases and financial tracking systems for volunteer management and grant tracking.
- Make presentations to groups and individuals including but not limited to, business leaders, community leaders & internal staff.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: Staff and volunteers directly related to the ReadingPals Initiative
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Education, Public Administration or related field.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in Volunteer Management
- Administrative and supervisory experience working with volunteers
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC and Community Partnership School’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.