Job Title: WelcomeHomeOC Property Engagement Coordinator
Reporting To: Property Engagement Manager
Department: United to End Homelessness
Position: Grant funded, 1-year, full-time with
Purpose of Position
The WelcomeHomeOC Property Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining the capacity of the WelcomeHomeOC Property Engagement team, by providing back-end and administrative support to rental provider prospecting, intake paperwork, our database and reporting, marketing, and events.
Their work to recruit and support the property network partners is one of the critical pieces that makes WelcomeHomeOC an innovative, best-practice program with a track record of quickly and effectively utilizing HUD housing vouchers by supplying a pool of safe, sustainable, permanent housing options and ending the homelessness of over 490 people in Orange County.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Property Engagement Coordinator’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the functionality and integrity of the WelcomeHomeOC database, including entering data, correcting errors, creating reports, and providing support to team members on best practices.
- Manage the enrollment process for property partners and units, ensuring timely progress through multiple stages and high accuracy of information and compliance to paperwork process.
- Consistent, accurate, and timely input of data related to new property engagement and unit submissions in digital databases.
- Support the processes, tools, and communications necessary to grow both the network and the units submitted, ensuring consistency of experience and adherence to requirements.
- Contribute to and support the work of the Marketing and Events Specialist, including content management, contacts lists, ordering of supplies and materials, mailings, and event planning.
- Aid Property Engagement Specialist(s) in helping to research and identify lists of prospective property network members from open and closed sources.
- Assist with required reporting for current funding and contribute to applications for future grants, in support of the Evaluations Manager.
- Assist with all administrative responsibilities including: scheduling meetings, setting agendas and taking minutes, managing Outlook calendars, client communications, electronic filing, etc.
- Support WelcomeHomeOC team members at community-events, informational workshops and orientations, and conferences.
- Maintain consistent communication channels with all parties, including property managers, property partners, public housing authority, legal services partner, and other collaborating partners.
- Be knowledgeable about and provide support to other Orange County United Way functions as necessary.
- At least one (1) year of professional experience in administration, as an assistant, or related work, demonstrating an ability to handle multiple streams of work and meet appropriate deadlines, preferred. Experience in a nonprofit is desirable, but not required.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining productive, professional relationships with various stakeholders.
- Experience in property management and/or landlord advocacy programs preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with people experiencing homelessness, chronic health and mental health concerns, domestic and intimate partner violence, poverty, reintegration from institutions, post-military, and the social services available to these groups is beneficial.
- Fluency in the English language is required. Spanish speaking ability is an added asset, but is not required.
- Comfortable with computers and Microsoft Office 2016 (esp. Teams) and Zoom. Airtable, Salesforce, or other CRM or database tool is highly desirable.
- Detailed oriented, equally attentive to the checkbox in the paperwork and the grammar in the copy.
- Strive to do one’s best, always willing to be flexible and problem-solve to find the most effective solutions and tools, adapting and learning as necessary.
- A doer, team player, who is inclusive, adaptable, creative, and energetic, ready to succeed under a demanding workload with diverse collaborators, while displaying sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of our clients.
- Resourceful and responsible when it comes to managing tasks and executing projects.
- Committed to the mission and values of the organization, the Housing First philosophy, and strength-based team-building.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills.
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly. The employee is required to stand and publically speak. The employee is required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Reliable transportation and a clean driving record are required as the employee will need to travel throughout Orange County. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift files and reports is required. Employee must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume To:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614