United Way of Southwest Louisiana has a two year contract position open for a PROJECT MANAGER.
The manager will work with our long-term recovery partners to ensure that homes of qualified uninsured or underinsured people in Southwest Louisiana are made safe & secure following the aftermath of Hurricanes Laura & Delta.
The manager will work with case workers to determine the correct laborers for repairs; will oversee laborers are repairing the homes; and will recruit volunteer laborers to work on the homes.
Construction knowledge is a plus.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.