Job Title: Project Coordinator (Marketing and Events)
Reporting To: Senior VP, Donor & Volunteer Experiences
Department: Donor & Volunteer Experiences
Strategic Imperative: Provide a rewarding and inspiring experience to every donor and volunteer with every interaction.
Core Values: Passion: Dive in – Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
Authentic: Be Real – Keep it honest and set the example.
Collaboration: Live United – Work together and mobilize for change.
Empowerment: Own it – Be courageous and make it happen.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
Works with the general supervision of the Sr. Vice President of Donor & Volunteer Experiences and input from function area leads. Responsible for supporting the daily operations within the Marketing & Communications team. Provide secondary support to Donor & Volunteer Experiences (Volunteer Resource Center & Signature Events).
This role functions as a coordinator of special projects, manages work flow, provides administrative support and performs a variety of duties to further the mission of the organization while exercising good initiative, independent and critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
- Support department production and track status of projects, following up on approvals/feedback, and processing new work orders
- Support the team with changes to weekly work flow, project deadlines, collection of details for projects and communication to requestors
- Maintain weekly communications and email schedule including updating shared calendars and requesting Database Mining Operations (DMOs)
- Ensure proactive monitoring and maintenance of the database system, while maintaining data quality control with data entry.
- Maintain and update account information in the database as necessary.
- Screen, track and monitor donor status in Andar.
- Support donor research process in Andar and external systems.
- Manage event registrations through Andar ensuring complete records, de-duplicated accounts, and tracking of new leads
- Prepare registration portals for signature organizational events
- Provide support for volunteer management for signature organizational events
- Manage event sponsorship applications, sponsor benefits, sponsor communication and invoicing
- Monitor event-related email addresses and phone lines
- Order and maintain marketing materials for HFUW programs, events and outreach initiatives
- Provide support for event committees, both internal and external
- Assist in coordination of donor engagement programs and special events
- Assist in event planning, event execution and production by soliciting quotes and dates from venues; maintaining files, and coordinating details as requested.
- Prepare agendas, invitations, and meeting minutes for committees.
- Coordinate support for external volunteers and interns.
- Support all activity, communication and engagement with priority segments including but not limited to Marketing Advisory Committee, Volunteer Advisory Committee, Women United, Emerging Leaders, Tocqueville Society, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Sr. Vice President of Donor & Volunteer Experiences and function area leads in Donor & Volunteer Experiences team.
- Attend and record notes/minutes where applicable.
- Prepare and update monthly media and marketing reports.
- Update and maintain all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the department.
- Provide support and coordination for all engagement opportunities for partners, including but not limited to corporate partner volunteer events, speaking engagement requests, etc.
- Coordinate orientation of external volunteers and interns.
- Coordinate on-boarding procedure for new function area employees.
- Support communications initiatives by drafting copy, tracking metrics, setting up landing pages, providing RSVP lists, etc.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, Excel spread sheets, mail merge correspondence, log notes into Andar and update records and lists.
- Create, update, copy, and assemble required reports, materials, or research packets.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and statistical information from rough drafts, editing grammar, punctuation, and/or spelling as needed. Responsible for various merge correspondence to volunteers.
- Follow internal standard operating procedures to complete interdepartmental tasks, including submitting DMOs, work orders, etc.
- Assist in maintaining function area SharePoint pages.
- Assist, as necessary, in supplemental research for speeches, articles or special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to serving as lead or support staff on team committees, special projects and special events.
ATTRIBUTES & BEHAVIORS:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: Cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of HFUW and the greater network.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 25 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Job involves frequent interactions with internal and external customers, and routinely intense public contact.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience supporting multiple people with strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience working with volunteers preferred.
- Work requires good reading, writing and proofreading skills. Must be able to edit, complete and assemble spreadsheets and reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, ability to type a minimum 55 WPM, ability to use common office equipment such as copier and fax.
- Experience with relational databases and project management tools such as Trello helpful.
- Prior non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally work a variable schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Ability to commute via personal vehicle and driver’s license is required.