An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Department: Equity Team
Reports to: Manger, Higher Education
Classification: Union Support
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Program Specialist position is an excellent opportunity for a skilled facilitator with strong relationship and project management skills, knowledge of the local nonprofit and educational landscape, and exceptional analytical skills. As a member of UWBA’s Equity Team, this individual will position clients for success by working with UWBA program initiatives, community based organizations, and higher education institutions to develop, deliver, and assess effective programming on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates will have experience in working within or overseeing programs and/or complex collaborations, especially with educational institutions; have excellent written, verbal, public speaking, and other communication skills; have a commitment to social change and helping move people out of poverty; have experience in evaluation, collecting program data, providing technical assistance, and/or analyzing data to inform program performance; and have familiarity with basic office software as well as database systems.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week support union position.
What you'll do:
- Working with the Manager, Higher Education, support the performance of SparkPoint Centers at Community Colleges, offering support and technical assistance as necessary.
- Lead regional workshops and trainings
- Maintain and develop new partnerships with higher education school/districts
- Work with direct service staff to aid in implementation with new and existing locations
- Develop, coordinate and support the delivery of integrated services to youth and young adults, with a strong focus on services that connect individuals to employment or work experience
- Build and maintain coalitions and partnerships for the success of strategies
- Engage in outreach, education, information gathering and connections with community, business, labor leaders, and elected and appointed officials.
- Conduct or share research on community needs of youth and young adult employment opportunities, best/current practices and services.
- Work closely with the Equity Team to put on events and coordinate learning opportunities
- support administrative duties, and organize regional initiatives.
- Work closely with leadership and other departments to support fundraising, events, communication, individual engagement efforts, grant reporting.
- Act as a primary point of contact and source of information to both SparkPoint Centers and UWBA on mutual activities and projects.
- Represent UWBA at external meetings.
- Support efforts to develop and strengthen impact through a number of strategic projects, including regional collaboration efforts, digital efforts, and other tasks, duties and special projects as assigned.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of related volunteer or professional experience, direct service, work with multiple sectors
- Some experience fundraising, marketing, youth programs or education.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a variety of settings.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and excellent proofreading skills.
Salary: $52,000.00 - 56,000.00 Salary Non-Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter