United Way of Broward County fights for the Health, Education and Financial Prosperity of every person in our community.
General Description: Contribute to the development and execution of United Way’s work in the Financial Prosperity area including community engagement, investment process management and grant monitoring and execution.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Contribute to the execution of a result based, goal driven contract management process, including service/utilization management, technical assistance, and outcomes management within United Way’s SAMIS system.
- Assist with assigned impact area by conducting monitoring visits, reviewing and recording data, preparing reports and other submissions.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of all meetings and trainings; organizes, manages and coordinates notification; preparation of materials, logistics, etc.
- Coordinate and support the operations of the Community Impact Department with responsibilities including, but not limited to: database management, procurement process, report generation and procedures management.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing data support for agencies and organizations as it relate to the United Way Data Systems and the internal/external procurement process.
Other Job Duties:
- Provide day to day technical support to funded providers on the Community Impact Data System.
- Manage the Community Impact Data management system.
- Assist with the administration and coordination of the Publix Last Resort Emergency Fund.
- Assist the Director of Financial Prosperity and Emergency Management with the execution of disaster response and recovery activities during times of crisis.
- Organize trainings and special events.
- Prepare and distribute minutes and all other materials related to Community Impact provider round table meetings.
- Help to manage billing process for all providers under Financial Prosperity initiatives.
- Review and track Month/Year invoicing for all providers under Financial Prosperity initiatives.
- Assist with the execution and management (including monitoring/evaluation) of all contracts related to Financial Prosperity initiatives.
- Coordinates the screening process for potential volunteers (as applicable).
- Operates a variety of equipment including personal computers, copy/fax machines, and related equipment.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in office/administrative support
- Knowledge of word processing equipment and computers with proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and other related computer programs as needed.
- One to three years of experience with data analysis, evaluation, and reporting
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Customer Service Skills required.
- Outgoing personality a must
- Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.