The Volunteer Connection Program Manager will increase and align corporate and donor network volunteer engagement efforts. Responsible for building relationships with top corporate supporters, creating and implementing year-round employee volunteer engagement plans, and providing customized support to help the company reach its corporate social responsibility goals in relation to United Way’s systems change efforts.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Corporate Volunteer Engagement
- Lead volunteer engagement strategies and multi-year plans for existing and potential corporate supporters and donor networks.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with integrated work teams to develop shared goals and engagement plans for corporate groups.
- Create strategic corporate engagement plans in support of signature volunteer initiatives.
Ensure Best Practice and Data Management
- Manages evolution and implementation of corporate Fee for Service structure.
- Responsible for project development, recruitment, and execution aligned with partner volunteer needs assessment and organizational initiatives.
- Coordinates evaluation of volunteer projects. Supports recognition opportunities for outstanding corporate volunteer groups.
- Maintains integrity of capture and input of corporate volunteer engagement data.
- Responsible for communicating corporate engagement strategies and providing training to volunteers and staff as appropriate.
- Frequently presents to groups, engagement leaders, etc., and effectively communicates the mission of United Way and alignment of volunteer engagement with impact created.
- Collaborates with Volunteer Connection and Community Engagement team members to develop metrics and strategic plans for meeting annual and long-term goals.
- Works closely with Resource Development, Community Impact, and other teams to develop volunteer engagement plans and internal strategic alignment.
- Establish and deepen volunteer relationships through 1:1 external meetings with corporate and agency partners, donors, and other individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten years of relevant professional work experience (ex. Project management, customer service, social sector, volunteer management, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills and customer service focused workstyle.
- Successfully manages multiple programs simultaneously.
- Works well under deadline pressure and meets timeline requirements.
- Stays up to date on industry and regulatory trends.
- Must be self-initiating, exercise good judgement, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstration/evidence of strong technical skills and/or specific experience with MS products, and data systems (ex. Salesforce, Typeform, Jotform, VolunteerMatch, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Forms, MS Teams, etc.)
- Personal transportation required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Local travel to events within the regional area.
- Periodic evening and weekend event management required.
COMPETENTCIES: Measurable Impact – Is Achievement Oriented, Interpersonal Skills – Builds Relationships, Communication/Presentation Capacity, Innovative/Creative – Able to see and develop new systems and methods, Accountability, Time/Project Management, Leadership, Organizational/Strategic Planning
Salary starting at $50,000 plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, February 8, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion