ORANGE COUNTY UNITED WAY
Job Title: Program Manager, United for Financial Security
Reporting To: Executive Director, United for Financial Security
Department: United for Financial Security
Position: Full-time - Exempt
Orange County United Way (OCUW) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated senior leader to oversee its UpSkill OC program. UpSkill OC supports underemployed and unemployed adults as they move from unemployment or low-wage positions into long-term, living wage occupations. UpSkill OC directly connects qualified candidates to training, support, and jobs by partnering with local nonprofits and the business community. The program ensures a strong job pipeline that matches the needs of the employer with trained candidates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee all aspects of Upskill OC program
- Track and report on participant activities, progress, and results
- Oversee and supervise Upskill OC case management staff and contracted partners
- Develop and manage nonprofit referral network and corporate partnerships/career pathways
- Stay informed on best practice models and labor market trends
- Have a strong understanding of the social, economic, and political landscape of Orange County
- Work with OCUW internal teams to ensure that program marketing, evaluation, and fundraising efforts are effective and efficient
- Serve as OCUW’s representative at various committees, collaboratives, and community meetings
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files, reports, and budgets
- Participate as a member of the United for Financial Security team and perform other tasks as assigned
- Dynamic and proven leader with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders - including local government, educational institutions, businesses, community-based organizations and funders
- 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
$65,000 - $85,000 per year. Competitive benefits.
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly. The employee is required to stand and publically speak. The employee is required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift files and reports is required. Employee must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume To: