For more than twenty years, United Way’s Success by 6® has championed a movement of supporters, families and community partners invested in the quality of early education and care for the youngest in our community. With a goal of ensuring that children ages 0-6 are healthy and ready to succeed by the time they start kindergarten, Success by 6® is helping to establish the foundations needed for success later in life as part of United Way’s goal to improve economic mobility and well-being in Greater Cincinnati.
The Program Manager, Success By 6® position will directly support Success by 6® strategies across Greater Cincinnati so that it can continue to be the regional backbone organization for kindergarten readiness including: building and maintaining community relationships, supporting collaborative efforts with practitioners, leaders and families aimed to support young children, leading project management to support capacity building across the ecosystem of supports to young children and families, and operational management of other projects working to achieve sustainable outcomes on behalf of children.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Manage projects, including creating project plans, implementing and assessing the impact of the effort aligned to Success by 6®’s strategic plan and impact efforts, including:
- Tracking key community outcomes and measurements, with support of other Impact team members, in support of vision that by age 6 all children in our region are optimally safe, healthy and prepared for kindergarten.
- Implementing capacity building and education efforts as necessary to support the regional ecosystem that supports young children and their families.
- Collaborating with other staff to manage project level budgets and support/ coordinate volunteers and corporate or community partners.
- Supporting communication channels with service providers related to Success By 6® progress and developments.
- Maintaining CRM records, Success By 6® electronic records on Teams/ SharePoint and regularly updating the progress of projects in a project management tool.
- Regularly update and coordinate with supervision to ensure projects are coordinated and aligned with other impact and Success By 6® efforts.
Community Engagement and Partnerships:
- Support efforts to landscape and stay connected to critical community partners and efforts aligned to the goals of Success By 6® ensuring that community partners are aware of United Way and Success By 6®.
- Represent United Way and Success By 6® at community meetings and events.
- Support the design and implementation of a community engagement framework to regularly gather input from community partners and community members to understand needs and assets across the region.
- Support efforts to convene regional partners on a regular basis including preparing materials, recording notes and follow-up items, and gathering/tracking early education resources and needs.
Grant Management and Internal Collaboration:
- Outcome and data tracking for grants and projects.
- Internally collaborate with other teams – resource development, marketing, finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of early childhood education or related fields or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of five years of previous experience with project and relationship management, specific to social impact or delivery of services in the nonprofit sector required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create, grow and retain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience with office suit (Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SCRM desired.
- Public speaking, interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational ability to manage work responsibilities required.
- Personal transportation required.
COMPETENTCIES: Communication Skills (Written and Verbal), Initiative, Project Management and Organization, Interpersonal skills – Builds relationships, Dynamic Leadership, Organizational Commitment, Technology Proficient
Salary starting mid 50’s plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, February 1, 2023 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion