Serve as the day-to-day coordinator for the Walking School Bus Program at Campbell Park. Will also assist with administrative and program activities at the Cross & Anvil Center. Candidate must be customer focused, data-driven, organized and results oriented. He/she must also believe and exemplify United Way Suncoast’s mission, vision and values.
The Program Associate will assist with the development and the implementation of work standards, methods, procedures, improvements, and the overall assessment of assigned areas. Other duties will include providing leadership and support to community, agencies and organizations to further the mission of the program.
The Campbell Park Program is subject to renewal on an annual basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed:
1. Serve as a professional representative of the United Way Suncoast, complying with established corporate guidelines and in support of the organization’s mission and vision.
2. Coordinate day-to-day activities associated with the Walking School Bus including recruiting volunteers, increasing awareness for parents, students and teachers.
3. Maintain attendance records and other data for Walking School Bus participants.
Assist supervisor with parent engagement activities.
4. Coordinate Walking School Bus appreciation and thank you events.
5. Provide general administrative support to Cross & Anvil Center staff, the Campbell Park Manager, Neighborhood Initiatives and the Director, Neighborhood Strategies.
6. Assist customers with computers, scanning, faxing, copying and other resources.
7. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
8. Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence including mail, faxes, flyers and other material.
9. Perform data entry, prepare reports and scan documents into appropriate folders.
10. Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendar of events for the Center.
11. Assist in resolving any administrative problems.
12. Answer and direct phone calls.
13. Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, emails and spreadsheets.
14. Create and design flyers for programs and events, in consultation with the Marketing Department.
15. Order, stock and maintain supplies and maintain general upkeep of the Center.
16. Attend and assist with job fairs and community events.
17. Manage data efficiently and accurately.
18. Participate in internal and external committees to gain and keep current United Way Suncoast understanding.
19. Participate in community and civic activities to increase networking and public awareness of United Way Suncoast.
20. Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote a cooperative spirit within the United Way Suncoast organization.
21. Some weekend and/or evening work required (Usually United Way Suncoast events).
• Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 3 years experience in community service activities or education (an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be accepted)
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Experience working cooperatively with parents, community, and the School District.
• Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, access to a vehicle and willingness to drive/travel when required.
• The ability to walk a minimum of 2 miles roundtrip.
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrate an understanding of the issues, community needs, and existing systems of care related to the assigned impact and/or focus area. Articulate these, both verbally and in writing, to multiple audiences with the expressed purpose of raising public awareness of these issues, educating donors, convening community around the issues and affecting community action.
Build year-round relationships within the assigned impact and/or focus area, build relationships, identify potential partners. Work cooperatively with the School District, community organizations and contracted partners.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, negotiating, conflict resolution, coordination, social perceptiveness, problem sensitivity and consensus building skills necessary. Strong presentation skills. Must have demonstrated a high level of experience and success in building productive professional/working relationships with diverse individuals and groups. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required.
Computer Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs. Must be able to apply modern office methods and practices including filing, proofreading, formatting, report writing, copying, operation of computer software programs including word processing and spreadsheet tools, calculators, and other standard office equipment.
Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels with extensive in-field time.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear.
The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to
20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
Non-Exempt - Local Candidates Only