United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County Job Description
TITLE: Program and Data Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Community Impact/Impact Data Team
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: VP, E-CImpact & Grant Accountability
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: November 29, 2022
EXPIRES: Until filled
San Antonio, Texas
STARTIG SALARY RANGE:
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA) is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping
individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
UWSA is seeking to fill the role of Program Performance Analyst and Coach to strengthen our Impact Data
Team. This position supports data and evaluation work for UWSA’s collective impact efforts and other related efforts to support and promote UWSA’s community impact1. This position specifically functions as the Impact Data Team liaison to the Ready Children and Successful Students Impact Councils.
The Performance Analyst & Coach will not only review data, but also interpret it to tell its story and facilitate its use towards continuous improvement in a collective impact environment. This is someone who feels equally at home implementing a data dashboard as presenting a performance trend to a community audience, comfortable facilitating a
collective data conversation as well as building the capacity of organizations on data use through one-on-one support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Transform community indicator and program performance data into stories of impact for and with a variety of audiences including community partner agencies, residents, donors, funders, UWSA volunteers, and staff
· Use data and translate it into meaningful/relatable information for staff, partners, and the community. Provide technical assistance, coaching, and facilitation to assigned Impact Councils and their member partners under the Results-Based Accountability and Results Count continuous improvement frameworks
· Coach individual partner agencies how to best collect, analyze, and use both community indicator and program performance data in the context of continuous improvement and collective impact work
· Source, manage, and analyze data to advance the work of the assigned Impact Councils
· Visualize, analyze, and interpret program performance data both at the program and collective level
· Present performance data in a variety of settings including partner meetings and to leadership staff
· Design and maintain community and program performance dashboards
· Prepare partner agency performance reports and participate in monthly partner performance reviews
1 For more information about United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County’s collective impact efforts related to this position visit https://www.uwsatx.org/our-work/preparing-young-children-for-life/ and https://www.uwsatx.org/our-work/helping-students-succeed/
· Monitor the quality of data submitted to UWSA data systems by partner agencies
· Participate in program performance audits both on- and off-site
· Serve as staff liaison to support a Standards Review team
· Develop and maintain documentation for data systems, processes, & trainings for use by UWSA and partner agency staff
· Plan, design, and execute partner agency staff training on performance reporting and evaluation on e-CImpact, the current UWSA grants and performance management solution
· Provide ongoing support to partner agency staff on performance reporting, both in-person and through virtual formats
· Participate in performance measurement and evaluation activities as required by the Impact Council
· Co-design and co-implement/administer future client-level data platforms for use by the Impact Councils
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of applicable experience in a social services/human degree in related field required.
· Experience with collective impact efforts in the context of data collection, data interpretation, and data use for improvement
· Experience in working with grants management systems (e-CImpact preferred) or other performance reporting solutions around the collection, management, and reporting of aggregate program performance data
· Experience in the application of the Results Based Accountability, Results Count, or other collective impact continuous improvement frameworks
· Experience and high comfort level in facilitation of data conversations and coaching of diverse groups of stakeholders
· Ability to multitask and take on multiple projects at once
· Experience with data visualization and GIS tools (Tableau and ArcGIS preferred)
· Ability to manipulate datasets to identify and analyze trends and complex relationships
· Experience working with complex datasets and database structures
· Experience in the use of statistical data analysis packages and related tools (r preferred, SQL, Python)
· Experience in the design, collection, and analysis of surveys and corresponding data (Qualtrics preferred)
· Advanced experience with Excel and the remainder of the Microsoft Office suite
· Experience with client management information systems design, implementation, and maintenance
· Proficient in the use of web-based tools for file collaboration (e.g. SharePoint and Box), communication (e.g. Microsoft Teams), and project management (e.g. Monday.com)
· Ability to adapt quickly and learn how to apply new methods and tools
· Ability to work as an independent member of a highly interdependent and interdisciplinary team
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to conduct presentations and to convey technical content to non-technical audiences
· Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
· Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
· Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
· 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
· Opportunities for professional development and continuing education, including tuition reimbursement.
· Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
· Reliable personal transportation required.
· Exposure to glare from a computer.
· Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
· Remote work possible for up to two days per work week and as indicated by environmental factors, such as COVID-19
· Lift or move up to 20 lbs
· Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
· Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state
or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org