Department: Equity Team
Reports to: Director, Data & Evaluation
Classification: Union Support
Location: San Francisco or San Jose
Closing Date: Open until filled
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order to provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
Our success is driven by our exceptional people and their commitment to the Bay Area community. Working at United Way Bay Area means making a lasting impact in the lives of those residents who need it most. Our employees use their individual strengths, innovation, and collaboration to help solve some of our region’s toughest challenges. We are seeking dedicated, talented, and diverse professionals who are passionate about creating a more equitable Bay Area. United Way Bay Area values and is committed to an anti-racist workplace. Our commitment is seen in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) work that is actively looking at our policies, practices, and programs to improve equity within our organization.
UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We particularly welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty. To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained a degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology”. Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
Are you looking for a position to use your data analysis and research skills to contribute to positive changes in the community? Do you thrive in a position where you manage multiple tasks and display attention to detail? Do you enjoy working with a team of committed professionals dedicated to creating greater opportunities for children, youth, and families in low-income communities? Are you passionate about the important work that non-profits perform in the community?
The Program Analyst reports to the Director of Data and Evaluation to provide support with the completion of tasks related to research, evaluation, data analysis, grant reporting, regional trainings/events, and communication. The Program Analyst will provide technical support for UWBA and external partner staff around the Exponent Case Management (ECM) database through building reports, providing training, and monitoring data quality. ECM is a case management and reporting application on the Salesforce platform.
What you’ll do:
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Identify, analyze, monitor, and interpret trends or patterns in programmatic data sets. Create and maintain custom reports and dashboards, and support program SparkPoint and Youth Workforce programming
- Support grant proposal and reporting processes. Query information from Salesforce, ECM, and other sources when grant reports are due. Provide data-related information at external and internal meetings
- Support UWBA’s Data & Evaluation team with reporting and analysis of program and other organizational data
- Lead the quarterly impact report process through communications with SparkPoint partners, data analysis, report creation, dissemination, and presentation of findings
- Technical Support to SparkPoint Partners
- Develop tools and provide information to UWBA staff to help build our partner organizations’ capacities to capture and report program impacts
- Create and maintain dashboards in Tableau and Survey Monkey
- Provide technical support to SparkPoint partners related to the database, data collection forms, reporting, and other needs related to program data
- Community Research
- Procure and analyze data to inform programming, funding, and fundraising opportunities
- Conduct research on recent trends and relevant data that can help UWBA better target our programmatic and communications efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate and periodically facilitate team meetings, partner meetings, and organizational presentations and meetings
- Support Director of Data and Evaluation in working with external evaluators around collecting data, sending data, and scheduling interviews and meetings
- Contribute to team and organizational projects, as assigned or as necessary
- Attend internal or external webinars, trainings, or meetings, as assigned or as necessary
Who you are:
- 2+ years of related professional work experience in a nonprofit, education, or human service organization
- Commitment to deepening expertise around racial equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Content knowledge and understanding of issues facing working families and people living in poverty here in the Bay Area
- Able to work in unstructured environments, adapt to changes and emerging needs, shift gears easily, and effectively manage multiple tasks and timelines
- Advanced data analysis skills using Excel, statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS, Stata, R), and other analytic tools (e.g., SQL, ArcGIS, Tableau, Microsoft Access)
- Preferred experience working with public data sets (such as U.S. Census data)
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in Salesforce, Exponent Case Management, or other case management tools and systems administration a plus
- Effective written and oral communications skills with an ability to provide clear presentation at internal and external meetings, convenings, and events
- Ability to develop and maintain positive work relationships with staff, volunteers, and persons contacted in the course of work. Team player, flexible, respectful, welcomes feedback, and able to work with humor and grace under pressure.
- Flexibility and mobility to travel to off-site locations within San Francisco Bay Area, as needed.
Salary: $63,750.00 – 75,000 (DOE) Exempt
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.