United Way of Broward County fights for the Health, Education and Financial Prosperity of EVERY person in our community.
General Description: This position provides administrative support and coordination of training initiatives supporting the Community Impact Department - Health pillar.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate and facilitate Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Trainings, Mental Health First Aid, and Community Mental Health Prevention Trainings
- Coordinate and conduct CIT Trainings for all levels of Law Enforcement including:
- Patrol Officers/Deputies
- School Resource Officers
- School Board Deputies
- 911 Operators and other Communications Personnel
- Coordinate and facilitate Mental Health First Aid trainings to professionals and community members.
- Will work with the Director, Community Training Initiatives to prepare the training announcements, schedules and class materials.
- Responsible for CIT’s monthly on-site (5 day) class set-up and cleanup
- Schedule, facilitate, and moderate community trainings and webinars.
- Responsible for coordinating schedule with instructors, managing attendance, and providing training materials for training classes.
- Manage all printing of materials needed for classes including the certificates for graduation and certificates of attendance.
- Responsible for submission of Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) and maintaining records for CE Broker.
- Manage scheduling and hosting of Taskforce and Steering Committees as needed.
- Facilitate training segments as necessary for CIT, MHFA, and community trainings.
- Provides assistance for Behavioral Health Conference and community events.
- Acts as liaison for United Way of Broward County in community meetings and committees as well as represents agency at community events.
Other Job Duties:
- Understands the United Way concept, mission, purpose, philosophy and background to handle routine calls from public in an effective and diplomatic way.
- Consistently demonstrates good telephone etiquette and courtesy
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet scheduled deadlines; adjusts personal schedule to assure completion of tasks, assignments, etc.
- Assures work is performed within established policies and procedures.
- Works only under general supervision; uses discretion and judgment in the performance of daily duties.
- Exhibits leadership and initiative in work habits and adhering to UWBC policies.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with three plus years’ experience in an Administrative Assistant position role in a professional office environment preferred.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school and five years related experience.
- Previous experience with facilitation of trainings and workshops preferred.
- Prior experience working with law enforcement and /or first responders preferred.
- Typing skills, with a high degree of accuracy excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills; ability to proofread accurately. Excellent telephone presence and good organizational skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and public speaking experience required.
- Knowledge of word processing equipment and computers with proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and other related computer programs as needed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Initiative, analytical ability, high interpersonal relations and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to multiple assignments with potentially conflicting timelines
- Must drive to various locations in Broward. MUST have and maintain reliable transportation.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.