President / CEO
United Way of the Ohio Valley
The role of the President oversees all activities of the United Way of the Ohio Valley (UWOV) including but not limited to the organization’s strategic vision, execution and growth of the UWOV’s Bold Goals, provide leadership to internal staff members, builds partnerships within our communities by cultivating relationships and driving brand awareness and builds an effective and aligned team including the Board of Directors, staff, community leaders and volunteers.
Key Competencies and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Strategy
- Proactively drives the organization to a higher level of performance, efficiency and growth through inspiring action and commitment.
- Builds a solid partnership with the Board of Directors to establish goals and strategic objectives for the organization and cultivates and develops volunteer leadership to accomplish organizational goals and engages board leadership on strategic issues.
- Actively and effectively recruits, engages and leverages strengths of board members to effectively grow the impact of the organization.
- Expresses ideas clearly and is visible and proactively creates trust and connection with others.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the organization to share impact and increase visibility of the UWOV across a wide variety of audiences within our communities.
- Possesses a growth mindset, builds and cultivates a network of relationships, is influential and leverages UWOV’s unique position to proactively increase visibility, reputation and competitive advantage that generates interest and passion for investing in the community.
- Increases and protects the reputation and brand of United Way in the marketplace and community.
- Works across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the communities.
Resource and Investor Development
- Leads and develops creative and strong strategic initiatives to achieve and surpass annual revenue goals and growth initiatives.
- Demonstrates experience and fund development including an ability to bring major and annual gifts to the organization.
- Effectively manages human, financial and information resources in an integrated and strategic framework.
- Seeks and shares knowledge of the communities.
Programming and Operations
- Mission focused with the top priority to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Personally and visibly participates in key events and opportunities.
- In partnership with the leadership team (CFO, VP), develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures that will improve operations and effectiveness.
- Effectively communicates strategic plan goals and the impact achieved.
- Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels.
- The President, as the Chief Mission Officer, has a clear vision for the organization, confronts the complex realities of the environment and simultaneously maintains faith in a better future, providing purpose, direction and motivation.
- The ideal candidate will be a skilled leader and strategist with demonstrated expertise in senior management roles within similar or transferrable business models.
- This person will have a demonstrated knowledge of board partnership, non-profit fundraising and development and an ability to quickly establish credibility and relationships with internal and community stakeholders.
- This person should be collaborative, decisive and forward-thinking while continuously keeping the best interests of the stakeholders at the forefront.
- The President must operate at the highest level of honesty, integrity and professionalism.
- The ideal candidate must have uniquely strong communications skills and public speaking ability.
Education and Professional Experience
- Senior management experience; preferred non-profit background.
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, communications, social services, or similar field.
- Computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Basic understanding and experience in social media platforms to support community outreach efforts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The United Way of the Ohio Valley provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work.
- Furthermore, we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com. All inquiries are considered confidential.
- Cover letter
- Salary Requirements (required)