When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
Founded more than 50 years ago, the United Way of Northern Arizona is committed to "Improving lives by moblizing communities to creat lasting changes in community conditions."
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Visionary, innovative, change agent to work with the board and staff to acheive the goals and exceed our community impact.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Engage as a partner in community-based initiatives.
Communicate the passion and purpose of the United Way of Northern Arizona by engaging with the city and county leaders, nonprofit partners, workplace partners, prosepctive individual and institutional donors, and the collective northern Arizona communites.
High-level of business acumen, fundraising, and managment skills to provide capacity and strenght to critical, mission-focused initiatives in Northern Arizona.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. A Master's degree in business, social sciences, education, nonprofit managment, or related field is strongly preferred.
Desirable, But Not Required
The position is based in Flagstaff and serves Coconino, Navajo and Apache countes off the reservation.
The position demands significant community presence, including many evenings activities, luncheons, and breakfast meetings.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.