POSITION DESCRIPTION: The President/CEO is responsible for leading the operations of United Way of Douglas County, KS including, but not limited to, resource development, the Roger Hill Volunteer Center and the United Way Center for Human Services and daily administration. The President/CEO establishes the vision for identifying community need and achieving measurable goals through the collaborative efforts of a diverse team of staff, community agencies and volunteers. The President/CEO values networking and works to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships and strategy. The President/CEO reports to the United Way of Douglas County Board of Directors. The position is full-time, exempt.
- Develop relationships within the community to promote the efforts of the United Way
- Lead year round and annual fund raising efforts
- Solicit major gifts and planned gifts
- Oversee grant writing efforts
- Promote high quality donor relationships to foster a culture of giving
- Lead and Promote the goals and efforts of the United Way as a leader in fundraising and nonprofit training throughout the community
- Foster coordination and collaboration with county agencies, employees, peers and community leaders toward progress on collective Community Impact through initiatives that focus on Education, Health and Financial Stability
- Effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders throughout Douglas County
- Work with the United Way Board of Directors to provide vision/direction and strategic planning for the organization
- Professionally manage United Way of Douglas County day-to-day operations while maintaining currency in the nonprofit sector
- Direct and supervise staff, including hiring, training, evaluating, developing and terminating personnel
- Skillfully plan, organize and implement United Way’s efforts to assure progress on immediate and long-term outcomes
- Provide staff support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Serve as landlord for the United Way Center for Human Services
- Ensures financial viability of the organization, from budgeting to reporting to auditing
- Maintains accountability of financial records in partnership with the Financial Manager and Treasurer
- Keeps the Board of Directors informed about all financial matters
The CEO is responsible for performing the necessary functions of United Way of Douglas County to ensure the organization effectively achieves its goals and may be tasked with other responsibilities as necessary to achieve these goals or as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Minimum five years of experience in a senior leadership role with not for profit organizations with budgets over $500,000
- Demonstrated record of successful fundraising
- Demonstrated, successful record of establishing donor resources and relationships
- Experience in supervision of staff and coordination of volunteers
- Demonstrated expertise with budgeting and financial management
- Verifiable reputation for honesty and integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Employment is contingent upon passing education verification, and satisfactory reference, credit and background checks
Competitive salary based on experience
The United Way of Douglas County Board of Directors values diversity, inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. The United Way of Douglas County makes all employment decisions based on the qualifications and experience of the individual that meets the needs of the organization.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes' to firstname.lastname@example.org.