PreK4Ward Teaching Assistant- North WoolMarket Elementary
Gulfport, MS, USA
Published 2 weeks ago
1 - 2 years of experience
Less than $20,000 per year
- Assist lead teacher in implementing a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting PreK4Ward goals and objectives;
- Assist in creating a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of four -year old’s;
- Assume responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of students under his/her direct supervision;
- Assist lead teacher in evaluating students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required;
- Assist teacher in submitting reports and records as required;
- Submit timesheets to Kelly Services in a timely and requested manner;
- Communicate with students and parents or guardians as directed by Lead Teacher;
- Follow and assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend teacher meetings as needed.
- Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by United Way of South Mississippi.
The open position is in PreK4Ward classroom located at North Woolmarket Elementary and Middle School.
- Must possess an interest and passion for helping and teaching children;
- Must Pass a DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING
- Must pass a CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- High school diploma required
- Completion of higher education course work in early childhood education or elementary education or significant experience in early childhood education is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience
- Less than $20,000 per year