• Plan and implement a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting PreK4ward goals and objectives.
• Create a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of 4yr old’s.
• Assume responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of students under his/her direct supervision.
• Maintain written lesson plans, identifying clear objectives for all lessons, and submit for administrative review as required.
• Evaluate students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
• Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
• Communicate with students and parents or guardians on a regular basis.
• Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Maintain and improve professional competence.
• Attend meetings and serve on committees as needed.
• Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the United Way Director of Education or administrative designee.
In addition to the above responsibilities, teachers are expected to follow the work year as outlined annually by the PreK4ward supervisor. Currently, teachers are expected to report for 156 working days. Please be aware that the calendar follows Harrison County School District calendar for Holidays.
• Early Education or Elementary Degree.
• Must pass a COMPREHENSIVE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
• Hold or in the process of obtaining a CDA if no experience in Early Childhood, or Mississippi Certification
• CPR/First Aid Certified
• AED Certified
NOTICE: If you are a PERS retiree or eligible for PERS non-disability benefits, this contract DOES NOT affect PERS benefits you are receiving or may receive.