- Assist lead teacher in implementing a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting PreK4Ward goals and objectives;
- Assist in creating a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of four -year old’s;
- Assume responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of students under his/her direct supervision;
- Assist lead teacher in evaluating students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required;
- Assist teacher in submitting reports and records as required;
- Submit timesheets to Kelly Services in a timely and requested manner;
- Communicate with students and parents or guardians on a regular basis;
- Follow and assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend teacher meetings as needed.
- Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by United Way of South Mississippi.
- Must possess an interest and passion for helping and teaching children;
- Must Pass a DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING
- Must pass a CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- High school diploma required
- Completion of higher education course work in early childhood education or elementary education or significant experience in early childhood education is required.