PreK 4Ward Lead Teacher Job Summary:
- Follow the Mississippi Early Learning Curriculum for Four Year Old’s by employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting PreK4Ward goals and objectives.
- Create a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of four- year old’s.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of students under his/her direct supervision.
- Maintain written lesson plans, identifying clear objectives for all lessons, and submit for administrative review as required.
- Evaluate students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
- Effectively communicate with parents or guardians as required.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintain order in the classroom in fair and just manner.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional knowledge.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by United Way of South Mississippi.
- Must possess an Early Education or Elementary Education Degree. Master’s degree preferred along with significant Early Childhood or lower Elementary experience.
- Must Pass DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING and CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK as outlined by HSCD.