United Way of Brevard, Florida (UWB) was established in 1957 by a group of concerned individuals who wanted to help those who were in need. Our work focuses on the building blocks of a good life – Education, Income and Health. Our community wins when kids succeed in school, adults can secure a good job, manage their finances, and provide a healthy environment for their families. Together, the contributions of thousands of individual donors become a force for change in the community.
The Pledge Processing Specialist responsible for supporting all areas of pledge processing withing the Donor Services department.
• The Pledge Processing Specialist position is responsible for multiple administrative processes and quality control within the Donor Services Department
• Auditing campaign pledges to be processed and organized in financial campaign envelopes.
• Registering report envelopes into the CRM system (ANDAR), providing a data control to ensure the envelope information gets into the system accurately, verify accuracy of data entry prior to finalization of data entry, generating reports monthly statement generation, tax receipting, production of manual statement and tax receipts as necessary, reconciling campaign accounts and customer service to donors and internal staff as it pertains to their responsibilities.
• Create or enter campaign envelopes into the CRM software (ANDAR).
• Generate monthly statements and tax receipts for Corporate, Payroll and Individual pledges.
• Research any returned statements and tax receipts and make corrections necessary for the statements and receipts to reach the intended destinations.
• Assist in collection efforts, in conjunction with supervisor and Resource Development staff.
• Review select reports to verify accuracy of seasonal data entry associated with campaign.
• Complete transfers and adjustments as necessary to ensure the correct application of pledges and payments.
• Assist in database maintenance by merging duplicate accounts, and accurately maintain the financial data of the accounts during the merge.
• Follow established guidelines for keeping supervisor informed of progress, developments and obtaining approvals.
• Contributes to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities assigned.
• Responsible for monitoring pledge data quality and remediating data quality issues while supporting root cause analysis with focused review of pledge data in the CRM (ANDAR)
• Act as a subject matter expert of the CRM (ANDAR) as it relates to the role.
• Responsible for the initial recording of company and individual campaign projections and results received for processing, and for maintaining the organization of records within the department.
• Constantly focus on the improvement of products, services and processes.
• Contribute to the timely and accurate completion of group tasks, while promoting a positive team environment through actions and behaviors.
• Ensure that key issues are addressed, and that important information is provided quickly and effectively to all internal stakeholders in order to achieve desired results.
• Manage and respond to customers' needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
• Download and/or create/manipulate electronic pledge and/or payment files to upload into the CRM (ANDAR)
• Assist with select customer services needs with the ePledge online pledging platform.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Associate degree or minimum 3 years relevant experience - non-profit and financial experience preferred.
• Computer proficiency in Windows environment; computer literacy is required.
• Advanced Excel proficiency is required, understanding formulas for data manipulation and mass formatting is expected for the efficient and accurate completion of data imports.
• Familiarity with manipulating PDFs and maintaining a digital filing system.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work accurately.
• Must have high level of attention to detail; concern for accuracy; work requires continual attention to detail composing, typing and proofing materials, reconciling and formatting data in spreadsheets/CRM, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, customer service and problem resolution skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Must be able to handle difficult situations with mature attitude and judgement.
• Self-starter: demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, meet deadlines and manage projects effectively.
• Excellent time management, organizational & communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Understands and supports the goals of the United Way. Knowledge or experience in a CRM database is preferred.
• Fast data entry and ability to grasp instructions quickly.
• The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, and reaching.
• The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, personal computer, related printers, and other related office equipment.
• The incumbent in this position must be able to read and interpret documents or instruments; perform highly detailed work; assist or guide problem solving; perform mathematical functions; conduct meetings and presentations, prepare written communication; perform highly specialized analytical reasoning; withstand stress; and handle multiple, concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
• Associate degree from an accredited university preferred.
• Three years’ experience in a non-profit/business office, with experience in database management; CRM experience preferred. Three years of data processing/finance experience with an accounting environment desirable.
• Intermediate math skills: the ability to calculate percentages, balance accounts, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and locate routine mathematical errors.
• Advanced Excel skills, including knowledge and ability to manipulate Excel reports based on specific criteria.
• Highly detail oriented and analytical.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to understand procedures, write reports and correspondence.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
• The incumbent must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others.
United Way of Brevard is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, a learning environment, and employee benefits to include health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and a retirement plan. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Way Core Competencies For All Staff
• Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
• Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and are astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
• Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
• Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
• Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
About Brevard County, Florida
Brevard County, Florida, also known as Florida’s Space Coast, is a groundbreaking region along the east coast of the Sunshine State. Home to the world-famous launch pads of Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Brevard County’s rich history is built upon generations of high-tech talent, yet boasts a small-town community feel where members can truly make a difference. With an abundance of amenities for the right work-life balance, Florida’s Space Coast offers a unique lifestyle with tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, year-round outdoor recreation, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Even the world's most significant vacation playground is just a short ride, which means you can get annual passes for endless access to the thrills and off-season crowds at Orlando theme parks and attractions, all while enjoying the relaxed oceanside community that has sent man to the moon, and continues to launch advances for humankind. You can learn more about the endless lifestyle options found here, at www.LiveBigSpaceCoast.com