HEART OF FLORIDA UNITED WAY
TITLE: Planning Council Support Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Planning Council Support Manager
DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
This position is funded by a county contract and is subject to annual renewal.
- Passion Dive in - Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
- Authenticity Be Real - Keep it honest and set the example.
- Collaboration Live United - Work together and mobilize for change.
- Empowerment Own it - Be courageous and make it happen.
To fulfill the programmatic requirements of the Planning Council Support contract. This includes oversight and management of all activities for the Central Florida HIV Planning Council. This position supports the planning body for the Orlando Service Area (Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, & Seminole).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Provide technical support to the Planning Council as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and review of detailed and comprehensive reports, annual reports, and presentations in support of planning proposals including needs assessments and consumer satisfaction surveys.
- Serve as a program liaison between the Planning Council, community organizations, providers, and other EMAs/Part B Consortia.
- Prepare the annual work plan of Planning Council activities to be presented to the Grantee.
- Complete and submit a monthly narrative to the Grantee of Planning Council activities in the required format.
- Maintain Planning Council website and social media accounts.
- Ensure the Planning Council has sufficient members and is reflective of the HIV epidemic.
- Assist in the development and approval of standards of care for Ryan White services.
- Assist in development of scopes of service for Ryan White Recipients as necessary.
- Aid in the preparation of the annual data presentation, priority setting, and resource allocation process for the Orlando Service Area.
- Perform research, collection and analysis of data related to area of assignment. Prepare documents such as statistical charts, tables and graphs for use in reports and meetings.
- Perform duties as assigned in the absence of the Planning Council Manager.
- Lead planning body member recruitment activities.
- Assist with new member onboarding process including background checks.
- Develop relationships with Planning Council support staff of other Part A Eligible Metropolitan Areas (EMA) in order to bring best practice approaches to Planning Council activities.
- Update the Orlando Service Area Resource Directory annually.
- Secure presenters for monthly consumer advisory board meetings.
- Identify, oversee, and/or support innovative special projects that enhance the productivity and efficiency of the Planning Council, department and organization.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 25 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, public administration, public health, or business administration required.
- Three to five years of experience in a social services setting.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple high volume tasks or projects.
- Prior experience with HIV/AIDS related organizations helpful.
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines preferred.
- Ability to work alternate schedules which may include evenings and weekends.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. You may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or management. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Employees moving into this position work on a ninety (90) day introductory basis after assuming these responsibilities.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Employee Signature Date